The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
reggie_boy

Bravo GR4 well put :smile: but be careful getting off your soapbox, don't want to cause any injury :biggrin:

And remember if you do, to seek the medical advise of a doctor and not students :wink:
Lied twice? I have never said i was a girl, sorry for the mistake if i have cocked up signing in etc. What is the other lie?

GR4pilot
Yes I could of, I could have taken up 5 mins of my GPs receptionist time, and then a futher 15 mins of my GPs time, costing a total of about £15 to the NHS budget, not to mention the fact that I'm taking up that time to be told (either way) there's nothing he can do about it when that time could go to someone who actually needs the help he can offer. I knew that 2 people on the forum (Blackhawk and Gemma) had recently developed shin splints, and as I trust their judgement I thought it would be better to ask them than waste the time and money of the NHS.

To be fair James, I'm getting quite pissed off with your comments splattered around the board. You have blatently lied at least twice, saying you were a female, though your profile has a male sign and your name's James & claiming in your posts you are serving whilst your profile says you study at UCL. You have gone through a number of posts and criticised me and others for my gen/questions then you e-mail me to say I know so much i must be serving? Fine you're serving, but are you really a SNCO or what? Come on and have your say by all means, even if that involves you disagreeing with what we're doing, but don't lie. I'm sure you tell everyone that comes into your AFCO for info about the RAF how integrity and honesty is foundational to SNCOs and Officers. Well practice it! I suggest you head straight from here to the Who's Who thread and let us know who you actually are!

*Climb off soapbox*
Test, you are so clearly a wannabe and not serving, or will ever serve in the british military at any rank.

big brother is watching

GR4pilot
Yes I could of, I could have taken up 5 mins of my GPs receptionist time, and then a futher 15 mins of my GPs time, costing a total of about £15 to the NHS budget, not to mention the fact that I'm taking up that time to be told (either way) there's nothing he can do about it when that time could go to someone who actually needs the help he can offer. I knew that 2 people on the forum (Blackhawk and Gemma) had recently developed shin splints, and as I trust their judgement I thought it would be better to ask them than waste the time and money of the NHS.

To be fair James, I'm getting quite pissed off with your comments splattered around the board. You have blatently lied at least twice, saying you were a female, though your profile has a male sign and your name's James & claiming in your posts you are serving whilst your profile says you study at UCL. You have gone through a number of posts and criticised me and others for my gen/questions then you e-mail me to say I know so much i must be serving? Fine you're serving, but are you really a SNCO or what? Come on and have your say by all means, even if that involves you disagreeing with what we're doing, but don't lie. I'm sure you tell everyone that comes into your AFCO for info about the RAF how integrity and honesty is foundational to SNCOs and Officers. Well practice it! I suggest you head straight from here to the Who's Who thread and let us know who you actually are!

*Climb off soapbox*
Reply 63
logie_jamsie
Test, you are so clearly a wannabe and not serving, or will ever serve in the british military at any rank.

big brother is watching

And what authority do you have exactly to say that to someone???!

Do the RAF appreciate being reffered to Big Brother or are you implying thatsomeone else has an influence on their recruiting decisions?
just be careful what info you give out at these sites. OASC/RAF do monitor them (and others too). Big brother was a joke - sorry

LouE3D
And what authority do you have exactly to say that to someone???!

Do the RAF appreciate being reffered to Big Brother or are you implying thatsomeone else has an influence on their recruiting decisions?
logie_jamsie
just be careful what info you give out at these sites. OASC/RAF do monitor them (and others too). Big brother was a joke - sorry
Do you want a list of other forums that give out unofficial information? I'm sure they'll welcome your expertise. Just don't forget your tin foil hat.
Reply 66
:rofl: :biggrin: lol
Thank you Thomas and merry christmas, give a thought for the men and women serving overseas on christmas day!

TomInPortsmouth
Do you want a list of other forums that give out unofficial information? I'm sure they'll welcome your expertise. Just don't forget your tin foil hat.
logie_jamsie
Thank you Thomas and merry christmas, give a thought for the men and women serving overseas on christmas day!
Have you been sticking your head inside the microwave again? Or been standing too close to the radar dish?

Stop posting, you're embarrassing the RAF.
Reply 69
logie_jamsie

Is fine but you can understand why that wasn't taken as a joke... you haven't made an effort to discuss anything with anyone in order to put your point of view across, you've just contradicted and criticised people on these forums. Let the RAF/OASC monitor them... the only information I personally can give out is in the public domain anyway. They should be monitoring them for a) security and b) to see what inforamtion civvies such as myself are accesing and are able to access.

--------------

logie_jamsie

That's the kind of attitude that is COMPLETLY unneccersary... how was that comment relevant?!
Reply 70
logie_jamsie
just be careful what info you give out at these sites. OASC/RAF do monitor them (and others too).

For crying out loud, we know we're being monitored - we don't need to be reminded. We're also aware of several members of this forum who are serving members, one of whom I have met in person and I know this person would tell us if we were doing anything out of order.

If you've read the "Help Needed Please!!!!" thread you should know what happens to people who come on here and start being cryptic. Either tell us what you do or, as some members choose to do, remain totally anonymous.

Pick one.
Reply 71
logie_jamsie
and who is Test? By the title of your post it looks like you're referring to GR4Pilot?
Reply 72
logie_jamsie
Lied twice? I have never said i was a girl, sorry for the mistake if i have cocked up signing in etc. What is the other lie?

MY appologies, I misread a post in another forum and thought it was from you. The other lie is that your profile claims you are studying at UCL when you say you are serving - even if you were to be serving in London; you're clearly not doing both.

logie_jamsie

With all due respect OASC don't share your sentiment about my suitablility; perhaps an AFCO isn't your strongest posting? Also, what's the test, and more to the point what's the objective?

logie_jamsie
big brother is watching

You're absolutely right, I know, certainly, that RAF recriuters monitor - and contribute - to these sites as I was given the URLs in my P2 Presentation.

To be fair mate, you could have a lot to offer poeple on the forum, it's always good to have someone currently in recruiting on, it works out even better if you're worried about bad gen cause you can correct it. But don't assail people for making posts, the context of which you know nothing about.
Reply 73
logie_jamsie
This is a medical issue, perhaps you should seek the advise of a doctor and not students!

Come to think of it, we did cover the doctor angle, it was posted long after the thread you've mentioned:
GemmaLS
Don't exercise on them! Go to the doctor, get them properly diagnosed, you'll probably be prescribed some anti-inflammatries and rest! I didn't and am now paying for it - the doctor told me I can't do proper sport for 3 weeks (although I can do upper body thankfully).

GR4pilot
To be fair mate, you could have a lot to offer poeple on the forum, it's always good to have someone currently in recruiting on, it works out even better if you're worried about bad gen cause you can correct it.

I'll second that. If you are from an AFCO and are prepared to offer advice - (which it seems you've already tried to do in other threads, thank-you), I for one would be very grateful and will listen to what you have to say.
Reply 74
^o) if hes in the RAF it makes me glad i turned them down
Reply 75
Quick bit of shin splint advice - If you're prepared to shell out around £30 quid, go and see a sports physiotherapist. It's possible that shin splints are caused by something like overpronation (flat feet) or other biomechanical problems. If this is the case you splints will keep coming back until the problem is fixed.

However if you do need treatment expect to shell out rather a lot of money if you go private. Or you can decline treatment and soldier on - probably not a good idea though.

Latest