The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My favourite country has to be Sweden. I think the climate and architecture are pretty cool. Also Swedish government and way of life seem desirable to me.

I have a small gripe that some Swedes seem to be pretty rude. But i'm sure it's a minority.
Sweden.
Reply 22
Germany!
Scotland
Reply 24
Germany has a lot going for it - the transport, clean, location at the heart of europe, real economy, lots of history, architecture ranging from the old to the most innovative plus intriguing soviet style stuff in the east (tv tower in Berlin etc), culture not too dissimilar to uk and never felt particularly expensive.
Food-wise: France
Fun-wise: The Netherlands
Fashion-wise: Sweden (or France)
Summer-Holiday-wise: Portugal
Winter-Holiday-wise: Austria or Switzerland
Getting-pissed-wise: IRELAND!
Modern-History-wise: Germany (especially Berlin)
Ancient-History-wise: Greece
A-bit-of-everything-ie-food-and-culture-and-fashion-wise: Italy
Paradise-wise: Monaco

but fun-wise + getting-pissed-wise + ALL-history-wise = ROYAUME UNIIIIII!
Reply 26
Poland or Serbia. Those two countries are just about the only ones in Europe that aren't populated by limp-wristed liberals and infested by politically correct politics.
Switzerland.
How do you define "Best"? I like tea and scones so from an unbiased position i'll say :Germany: the UK.
(edited 13 years ago)
Nederlands obviously for me but if i have to choose another that i'm not from it would have to be Cyprus, Denmark or Scotland, and possibly France in some criteria.
Original post by SiaSiaSia
Food-wise: France
Fun-wise: The Netherlands
Fashion-wise: Sweden (or France)
Summer-Holiday-wise: Portugal
Winter-Holiday-wise: Austria or Switzerland
Getting-pissed-wise: IRELAND!
Modern-History-wise: Germany (especially Berlin)
Ancient-History-wise: Greece
A-bit-of-everything-ie-food-and-culture-and-fashion-wise: Italy
Paradise-wise: Monaco

but fun-wise + getting-pissed-wise + ALL-history-wise = ROYAUME UNIIIIII!

I contest fashion and food-wise with one country: Italy:biggrin: EDIT: Now I can read lol i see what you did for that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Human After All
I contest fashion and food-wise with one country: Italy:biggrin:

Yes, that's what I said too...
Original post by SiaSiaSia
Yes, that's what I said too...

yeah i know, check my edit.
Purely for having sensible cannabis laws, I'm voting Holland
Reply 34
Norway is apparently the wealthiest.

(Source: MSN UK homepage)
Original post by Indigenous Scoti
The vast majority of Turkey is in western asia, its people are not culturally europe. They are Muslims for christ sake. Europeans do not regard them as European. They are nothing like us and they dont even look like us. I take offense when Turks call themselves 'european'.

They are not, they are anything but. Ramicto please go face mecca and kiss your carpet.

It might be a good moment to point out here that lots of British people snobbishly don't consider themselves European. But that doesn't make them not be in Europe. Same for Turkey.

And as for they don't even look like us, how about India and China being in the same continent? It may sometimes be split into Asia and Asia-Pacific, but that's more a region than a separate continent.
Original post by jaheen22
Germany!

This!

Without a doubt it's got to be Germany. They have the strongest economy in Europe right now. Their high end manufacturing sector produces some of the highest standards; their car industry, for example.

They have fantastic beer, foods, sports teams etc.

It was very hard not to turn to my patriotic side and say the United Kingdom, though :colondollar:
Reply 37
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
This!

Without a doubt it's got to be Germany. They have the strongest economy in Europe right now. Their high end manufacturing sector produces some of the highest standards; their car industry, for example.

They have fantastic beer, foods, sports teams etc.

It was very hard not to turn to my patriotic side and say the United Kingdom, though :colondollar:

I agree with everything you just said. :biggrin:
Reply 38
Monaco... I haven't been to many European countries but I can't imagine many being better than Monaco
Reply 39
Original post by jit987

Spoiler

This.

Latest

Trending

Trending