The Student Room Group

UCAS 'update'

Hi,

I sent off my application to UCAS 3 weeks ago, and got my welcome letter and track details in the post soon after. When I log into my track account, it says, for all 5 universities to which I have applied, updated: 08-Oct-2010. Its now nearly 3 weeks after that date - should it have updated?

I also have only had my offer acknowledged by one university (Sheffield), but there has been no such email from the other four (Lancaster, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham). Not an email about an offer, just an email saying they have received the application and will go through it, etc. Should each university acknowledge my offer? And how long does it usually take for them to come up with offers?

Cheers
Will
Reply 1
Track only updates when you get offers or rejections. Universities can take up until like May to make a decision.
Reply 2
Info:
Applying for maths
Applied to Oxford

-_- Not cool. I sent mine off before the Oxbridge deadline, and have received acknowledgements from all apart from Nottingham. Also, Nottingham has already started giving out offers for Maths!

Original post by Muffinz
Track only updates when you get offers or rejections. Universities can take up until like May to make a decision.

Which universities typically take a long time to give offers, and which ones offer places fairly fast?

Thanks
Reply 3
Track says the date you applied, then when you get an offer/ rejection the date will update again.

Also, don't worry about acknowledgement emails/ letters as not every uni sends them. I don't see the point of them really as it just seems to worry people...

No idea how long each uni will take; it totally depends on the course and uni.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending