The Student Room Group

Updating admission statement to uni

I’ve recently done something that would greatly help my chances of getting into my dream uni, do you think it would be worth calling them and updating them on my ‘personal statement’? I was thinking I would either call them or email them, it couldn’t hurt right?
Original post by Chatterboxxxx
I’ve recently done something that would greatly help my chances of getting into my dream uni, do you think it would be worth calling them and updating them on my ‘personal statement’? I was thinking I would either call them or email them, it couldn’t hurt right?

Worst case they say that they won't consider it, so no, it can't hurt.
Original post by Chatterboxxxx
Hey @Chatterboxxxx ,

While universities receive your updated application automatically through UCAS, sometimes they are not notified of the update. Thus, I would advise you to email them about the changes that you've made. Make sure to include your UCAS details when you do so.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Addy(Kingston Rep)
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hey @Chatterboxxxx ,

While universities receive your updated application automatically through UCAS, sometimes they are not notified of the update. Thus, I would advise you to email them about the changes that you've made. Make sure to include your UCAS details when you do so.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
-Addy(Kingston Rep)
Addy, it’s not possible to amend the personal statement via UCAS once the application is submitted. The updates sent to uni choices that you’re referring to relate to things like missing qualifications and changes to personal details.

For the PS it’s entirely at unis discretion whether they want to accept any revised drafts submitted directly to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending