The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Bypassing proxy?

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but I might as well..

Has anyone managed to bypass the ResNet proxy to enable other programs, like eMule or World of Warcraft or something? I've been trying to use HTTP-Tunnel and Hopster to tunnel the traffic through port 8080 or some other open port, but no luck yet.
Has anyone had any luck with this, or any other approach?
Reply 1
I doubt you will have any luck at all with that.

just put up with LUser net, obviously not as good as emule but ive had a few decent nights in with beers and a good film ive got from there. Lost in Translation for example.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
ive been trying mate, but havent had any luck as of yet. also been trying to get DCC over irc to work but it also does not :frown:
Reply 3
What are we actually allowed to use the connection for anyway? Barring online games and p2p sharing, what are we, if anything at all, allowed to download off the internet?
i think were just allowed to download general web stuff only, eg web pages, game demos, use it for IM apps. LUsernet is good but i only have a maximum of 20 people connected and the selection of stuff is rather limited on there. i dont think many people are actually sharing what they have. of the 300gb shared the other night i was sharing 200gb of that. probably only one other person sharing the other 100gb.

Latest

Trending

Trending