The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level English Literature Poetry

Hi, just wondering what Edexcel a level english literature, what questions came up last year for poetry (2022)?
I am studying the Poems of the Decade & the Romantic poets.
Reply 1
Hi, It was Ode to Greyson Perry Urn or An Easy Passage for the Poems of the Decade and for the Romantics it was Blake's London and Shelley's Ode to a West Wind.
Hope that helps :smile:

These were the questions just in case you are curious:

Poems of the Decade

Read the poem On the New Bypass by Jane Commane on page 3 of the source booklet and reread the anthology poem Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn by Tim Turnbull
Compare the ways both poets present contemporary urban life.

Read the poem On the New Bypass by Jane Commane on page 3 of the source booklet and reread the anthology poem An Easy Passage by Julia Copus
Compare the methods both poets use to explore change.

Romantics
Explore the ways in which suffering is presented in Songs of Experience: London by William Blake and in one other poem. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.

Explore the ways in which the poet’s vision is presented in Ode to the West Wind by Shelley and in one other poem. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.
Reply 2
Amazing.. Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by shrutpatoot
Hi, It was Ode to Greyson Perry Urn or An Easy Passage for the Poems of the Decade and for the Romantics it was Blake's London and Shelley's Ode to a West Wind.

Poems of the Decade

Read the poem On the New Bypass by Jane Commane on page 3 of the source booklet and reread the anthology poem Ode on a Grayson Perry Urn by Tim Turnbull

Read the poem On the New Bypass by Jane Commane on page 3 of the source booklet and reread the anthology poem An Easy Passage by Julia Copus

Romantics
Explore the ways in which suffering is presented in Songs of Experience: London by William Blake and in one other poem. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.

Explore the ways in which the poet’s vision is presented in Ode to the West Wind by Shelley and in one other poem. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.
Reply 3
Sorry, is there any chance you know what questions came up for the prose paper last year as well? I am doing the women & society topic, so Wuthering Heights + A Thousand Splendid Suns. Would be much appreciated!

Poems of the Decade

Romantics

Reply 4
Original post by RedPandaBun
Sorry, is there any chance you know what questions came up for the prose paper last year as well? I am doing the women & society topic, so Wuthering Heights + A Thousand Splendid Suns. Would be much appreciated!

No worries,
Compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts present
motherhood. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.

Compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts present death. You
must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.
Reply 5
Thank you!
No worries,
Compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts present
motherhood. You must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.

Compare the ways in which the writers of your two chosen texts present death. You
must relate your discussion to relevant contextual factors.
Reply 6
Original post by RedPandaBun
Thank you!

No Worries, We basically do the same things. I just do Tess instead of Wuthering Heights.
Reply 7
Oh cool. I did Tess & Atonement for my coursework so I am familiar with it.
No Worries, We basically do the same things. I just do Tess instead of Wuthering Heights.
Reply 8

Poems of the Decade

Romantics

THIS MEANS MY WORST POEMS ARE LESS LIKELY TO COME UP OH THE EXAM IN HOWEVER MANY DAYS (2 WEEKS?)!
(Insert Moist Critical “yeah baby that’s what I’m talking about” meme here)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending