The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Get this, last night they were filming 'Geordie Shore' in the club I was in and the cast members were acting like absolute pricks. Anyway they go behind the DJ booth where we are and my mate says something to them which pisses them off, so I say, "Great representation of Newcastle you's lot are, proper quality stand up Geordies" or something. Some lil hoe pushes me and me and mate get swilled with wine by them.

Might see me on MTV trolling IRL when it airs but I said to the camera phags I don't want to be on TV because the show is crap and will cast the city in a bad light.
Reply 5981
What club were you in?

Let me guess, its full of the idiots you see on SkySports News downing bottles of cider?
Reply 5982
Tup. I only saw the girls and they are the archetypical vacuous kernts that people stereotypically associate with this city, which is a shame because most of the clubbing regulars are sound and aren't anything like what MTV will portray the nightlife to be like. Basically they walk around acting big time because they are in front of a camera.

Good news is many of the promoters are in talks of barring them entry from most decent clubs in the city to prevent crap like this happening more often.
From a conversation at the training yard I was at today.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have taken that pill. Ephedrine or something. I'm already on tren. And test. And NPP. And [two other compounds I can't remember]"
Original post by Guvnor

Original post by Guvnor
What's the best WS4SB program out there and why ?

Whichever one has more stuff in it. They are designed so football players can use them in season, so if you are not doing something like that you need to be doing the max amount of stuff he suggests.
Use the off-season one from WS4SB III. I'd imagine he has improved it over the years.
Markus Ruhl started training at 19 years old.

There is still hope for me to achieve Mr O then! :biggrin:
Reply 5987
Original post by Michael XYZ
Same.

I watched it then wanted MOAR! I've seen it about 3 times now though. Have you watched Joe DeFranco's "Strong"? Not as good but still nice I thought.

Went gym, thought I'd try out some deadlifts. Hit 3-plate x 1 so pretty happy. Could have got more though if I really tried. Not bad for not having deadlifted in 3-4 months though.

Edit: Watching it first time though I thought Arnold was a complete dick. But, if you watch some other thing he explains that most of it was made up. Like the lucky shirt stealing etc.

Ah really? I've never got round to watching the making of it (I'm assuming this is what you mean). I felt really sorry for Mike Katz and hated the tall ginger guy that 'stole his shirt' because Mike Katz seemed like he had something wrong with him. Also, I agreed that I thought this portrayed Arnie as an incredibley arrogant and sometimes quite sleazy.
Reply 5988
Markus Ruhl started training at 19 years old.

There is still hope for me to achieve Mr O then! :biggrin:

If in the 70s/80s I would actually say there was! (I know you were joking but still..)

I wish it was more about aethetics these days, Franco/Frank/Arnie look so much better than Dexter/Ronnie/Jay Cutler.
Original post by The Troll Toll
Whichever one has more stuff in it. They are designed so football players can use them in season, so if you are not doing something like that you need to be doing the max amount of stuff he suggests.

Actually, they are off-season programmes. Further down, Joe gives examples of in-season programmes, which as you say do not have much stuff in them (IIRC the lower body work consists mainly of DE, for example).

In other news, absolutely ruined tonight's supper. Chips tasted like dust, steak was chewy, fried tomatoes were yucky, horrible effort.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Smack

Original post by Smack
Actually, they are off-season programmes. Further down, Joe gives examples of in-season programmes, which as you say do not have much stuff in them (IIRC the lower body work consists mainly of DE, for example).

My mistake.

What I meant was to essentially quote this:

"Extra Workouts, GPP, Conditioning Days - Remember that my entire clientele consists of athletes. That's the reason why there's "only" three lifting days on my template. I don't use this program for bodybuilders or physique-geeks. I must leave room for conditioning workouts, GPP (general physical preparedness) and skill training.

If you're a non-athlete just looking to pack on some size and strength, you can incorporate "extra workouts" on non-workout days. Since Wednesday is your only leg day, I recommend a lower body sled-dragging workout on Saturday. This is just one example.

There's a lot of room for variety in this training template. That's what I love about it. Get creative and find out what works for you!"

Incidentally that's almost word for word exactly what I said about 5/3/1. I didn't realise DeFranco had said it first. Great minds I suppose. Who wants me to train them for next year's NFL draft?
Original post by LzLz
If in the 70s/80s I would actually say there was! (I know you were joking but still..)

I wish it was more about aethetics these days, Franco/Frank/Arnie look so much better than Dexter/Ronnie/Jay Cutler.

Yep, 100% agree.
Original post by LzLz

It'll be interesting to see where bodybuilding goes in 10-20 years time
Original post by commandant
It'll be interesting to see where bodybuilding goes in 10-20 years time

Either not much will have changed or there will be mass use of things like Synthol to look even bigger.
Either not much will have changed or there will be mass use of things like Synthol to look even bigger.

Synthol is already popular

That's the thing, training and nutrition expertise seems to have peaked - the only way people are going to pass the current standards is if aas changes, but I have no idea about that..
Original post by commandant
Synthol is already popular

That's the thing, training and nutrition expertise seems to have peaked - the only way people are going to pass the current standards is if aas changes, but I have no idea about that..

Nah I know it's used. I mean to like insane levels though.

I was thinking the same about the peaking. But, then again, did people look at Arnold and think he was also the limit? Very likely.

Edit: Guy is crazy. Has 2900+ lbs total. Should have stuck around and tried hit 3000+.
(edited 13 years ago)
I think Donnie Thompson is just done mentally. That's what it sounded like anyway. He just doesn't want to go through the training to get to a 3000lb total. He wants to move onto different things. Which is understandable on a level.
That squat was a lot deeper than what I expected, mind you I do question that fed's take on depth.

Does anyone know how heavy the guy is? Is he a product of westside barbell?
Donnie Thompson's a superheavyweight. 350lbs from what I remember reading and I don't recall him being a Westside guy. I think he trains himself.

Latest