The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IlexAquifolium
Although that reminds me of something - when I was last in H&M buying said sleep shorts with a friend of mine, I asked her if she wanted anything and she replied 'no, I've only been with my boyfriend a couple of months, I'm still at the stage of pretending babydolls are actually comfortable'.

:rofl:
:console:
Reply 982
I tend to just nick the boyfriend's t shirts and wear them with shorts. Although in the dead of winter I have been known to wear jumpers to bed (yeah, I'm irresistible!).

Although that reminds me of something - when I was last in H&M buying said sleep shorts with a friend of mine, I asked her if she wanted anything and she replied 'no, I've only been with my boyfriend a couple of months, I'm still at the stage of pretending babydolls are actually comfortable'.

You mean they aren't?! I've been lied to all these years, and suddenly when we're married Helen will stop wearing them!

(NB: as mentioned above, Helen actually has fluffy sheep pajamas)

But seriously, babydolls look like they'd be comfortable :frown:
Original post by Drogue
You mean they aren't?! I've been lied to all these years, and suddenly when we're married Helen will stop wearing them!

(NB: as mentioned above, Helen actually has fluffy sheep pajamas)

But seriously, babydolls look like they'd be comfortable :frown:

I suspect they probably are if you're shaped like a teenage boy. And I've probably said enough there.
Reply 984
I suspect they probably are if you're shaped like a teenage boy. And I've probably said enough there.

But - on the basis of a google since I had no idea what the heck this was - isn't it held up by the bits up top and therefore impractical for the skinny, gangly male teenager?
Original post by Adorno
But - on the basis of a google since I had no idea what the heck this was - isn't it held up by the bits up top and therefore impractical for the skinny, gangly male teenager?

Depends on style, those with shoulder straps wouldn't need to be held up :wink: Anything else that pushes things up arn't overly comfortable in my experience! (Not that I've got much to push upwards...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 986
Original post by apotoftea
Depends on style, those with shoulder straps wouldn't need to be held up :wink: Anything else that pushes things up arn't overly comfortable in my experience! (Not that I've got much to push upwards...)

I see. Although I doubt I understand very well.
Original post by Adorno

Photos are what's needed to explain but that would completely ruin the theme of GOGSoc somewhat.
Reply 988
Photos are what's needed to explain but that would completely ruin the theme of GOGSoc somewhat.

It's quite alright :p:
Original post by Adorno

OK, imagine rolling about a lot when you're sleeping.
Original post by Adorno

I still don't know what one of them is :lolwut:
Reply 991
OK, imagine rolling about a lot when you're sleeping.

I can't, really, since if I did ... I'd fall out of bed onto a pile of a) books or b) books.
Original post by Becca
That is fully **** :frown: Really sorry to hear that. Is there anyway you can get a deadline extension? Or does it not work like that with PhDs? :redface:

I'll just have to explain the problem to the supe. This deadline is just between me and the supe, an agreement for me to have finished Chapter Three by Jan 21, so in that sense missing it isn't a huge catastrophe. On the other hand, I have very little time to finish the whole thesis, and should be writing furiously everyday if I'm going to finish on time (which I have to). So this setback could potentially be quite catastrophic.

Crap :frown: Really sorry to hear that :frown:

That's properly **** :frown: So sorry, alba. I've been in bits whenever anything has gone wrong with the house so I can't imagine how you and your fella must be feeling. What awful luck, I will be crossing my fingers that the insurance cough up - if there's anything I can do (if there are any essentials you need to borrow that can be posted, or whatever) let me know.

Thanks guys. If you have a spare dehumidifier feel free to chuck it my way Ilex :tongue: Tbh there's not much we can do now until the insurance company gets back to us in three days time (yes, they suck that hard). I spent all day clearing out the concrete, and logging and then disposing of or attempting to save the ruined books. We bought some rugs, and they've helped make the place less horrid. Now we wait...
Reply 993
Original post by the_alba
I'll just have to explain the problem to the supe. This deadline is just between me and the supe, an agreement for me to have finished Chapter Three by Jan 21, so in that sense missing it isn't a huge catastrophe. On the other hand, I have very little time to finish the whole thesis, and should be writing furiously everyday if I'm going to finish on time (which I have to). So this setback could potentially be quite catastrophic.

Oh, well I hope you manage to get stuff sorted in some shape or form. What would happen if you couldn't finish your thesis on time?
Reply 994
Original post by Adorno
Well belated congratulations! It didn't really cross my mind the other day when you were on about baby clothes for christmas. I thought you mean joke batman underpants or something. :redface:

Thanks!

Going to a three-day conference today, which means using the underground for the first time. Not looking forward to that! :frown:
Reply 995
I just came to GOGsoc this morning to check that there was indeed a conversation about babydolls and I wasn't just imagining it!
Reply 996
Original post by Athena

How on earth have you got to the age of 20-whatever and not used the Underground?! Get yourself an Oyster card. They pay for themselves in on single journey.

My resolution is to stop burning the candle at both ends (which sadly means going to bed at about 10.30, since I always have to get up at 7.30 or earlier to get to labs on time...), but I'm not doing very well so far - went to bed just before midnight, got woken at 1.30am by the Boy deciding too much rowing had done for his back and he needed to sleep on the floor, and then I had to get up at 7am to cycle home - into a head wind. And tonight I'm off to see a film...

I can count the amount of times I've been to London on both hands, and I haven't used the underground all those times. I can see it being possible!
Reply 997
Original post by Athena

How on earth have you got to the age of 20-whatever and not used the Underground?! Get yourself an Oyster card. They pay for themselves in on single journey.

My resolution is to stop burning the candle at both ends (which sadly means going to bed at about 10.30, since I always have to get up at 7.30 or earlier to get to labs on time...), but I'm not doing very well so far - went to bed just before midnight, got woken at 1.30am by the Boy deciding too much rowing had done for his back and he needed to sleep on the floor, and then I had to get up at 7am to cycle home - into a head wind. And tonight I'm off to see a film...

I was on the student bus in Bristol last term when a couple of obscenely rah girls got on and sat down. One remarked to the other "you know, this is, like, my first time ever on public transport".

My main resolution is pretty much the same - I'd like to be in the lab by 8 on a reasonably regular basis, which (I fear) is also going to require early nights...
Reply 998
Original post by Athena

I have only ever been to London three times: once on a school trip when I was around ten, and we were ferried around everywhere on coach; once on the coach as I was passing through, and I only went from Victoria Coach station's arrivals bit to the departures bit so I saw one street; and once when I went to Euston train station and, again, I did not leave the station (literally).

I got myself an Oyster card, and it was not too bad actually. Only bad bit was the fact I could only find one machine, and you needed correct change (coins only). The underground would be great if fewer people used it!
Original post by evantej
I have only ever been to London three times: once on a school trip when I was around ten, and we were ferried around everywhere on coach; once on the coach as I was passing through, and I only went from Victoria Coach station's arrivals bit to the departures bit so I saw one street; and once when I went to Euston train station and, again, I did not leave the station (literally).

I got myself an Oyster card, and it was not too bad actually. Only bad bit was the fact I could only find one machine, and you needed correct change (coins only). The underground would be great if fewer people used it!

Very, very true! (I use it every day).

Latest

Trending

Trending