The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ice_cube
71 and 78 for word based units. ****ing design... I dont want to say it was a farce of a unit because I did so badly... but it really was the most stupid thing Ive ever done. Im a politics graduate, Ive never done geography, I know nothing about design, and I have the drawing skills of a 3 year old. And it was marked on how pretty it was. Still waiting for my exam mark back as well. UWE do not do their marks/feedback well. :mad:

Awesome marks! You should be proud of yourself. :smile:
Original post by evantej
Awesome marks! You should be proud of yourself. :smile:

Other than the 58, which has just slid its way in there :o: Lowest mark of the year group, for anything at all that I know of. Im AWESOME.
Original post by Apagg
As you're girls, shouldn't you just be honest and say something like "my meal ticket"?

Are you actually sexist, or are you just trying to wind us up? I mean I get confused because of some of the other stuff you've posted before, and rants about men being discriminated against :erm:
Original post by the_alba
We're in exactly the same boat. Stupid English language and its lack of reasonable options!

Maybe I should start refering to him as 'my lover' just to freak everyone out :wink:

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

Original post by Craghyrax
Just Boo? I see.
Mine's Richenda so I also get mixed responses :p:

...including the time an admin in Cambridge thought my name was a typo and put me down as Richard :sigh:

This makes me glad I have a boring, but generally internationally recognised first name. I've never met anyone who has had trouble with it, apart from spelling, but I can get over that if they pronounce it properly.

Original post by IlexAquifolium
He spent a while doing the 'fiance' thing to get people to take me seriously (usually utility companies - 'is she the account holder? Then we can't allow her to do anything beyond listening to hold music for half an hour', that kind of thing) but that drove me crackers, because no ring = no deal as far as I'm concerned :tongue: So now we're stuck with non-specifics. Pffft. I like your idea.

Original post by Helenia

It will get there, but it is sometimes quicker, especially if he lives at the colony, to address it directly. I know all the addresses for the different bits so PM me if you want. "Clare College, Cambridge CB2 1TL" will be fine though.

Ah, I posted it last night. I *think* he's in Memorial Court, which I *think* is in the main part of college so hopefully he'll get it!

Original post by the_alba
A bitchy Times columnist once referred to me as a 'man from Hull', which was annoying.

:rofl:
Reply 1584
Original post by Athena
I assume that was intended to rile us, but:

I earn as much as him by the time he's paid tax;
and when he does a PhD I will be earning about 50-70% more than him :wink:

There's been a bit of a sense of humour failure resulting from that post, to be honest. It's disappointing.
Original post by Becca
This makes me glad I have a boring, but generally internationally recognised first name. I've never met anyone who has had trouble with it, apart from spelling, but I can get over that if they pronounce it properly.
But do you not get called Becky all the time? And does that not make you want to hurt people??

That's really nice! A bit short for me though :frown:

Original post by Bekaboo
But do you not get called Becky all the time? And does that not make you want to hurt people??

Actually, only very rarely, and depending on who does it I don't tend to mind so much. I was never called anything other than Rebecca and the nickname my family call me until I went to uni and then I got Becca...generally I get my surname though, which I don't mind either.
In Italy my friends called me Rebe :rofl:
Why can't you?

I'm genuinely not convinced I could pull it off either, plus I have nowhere to wear it once I leave Badock, but I would very much like to try :frown:
Reply 1591
Original post by Apagg
As you're girls, shouldn't you just be honest and say something like "my meal ticket"?

I'd have thought that should be:

As you're grad students during a Tory administration, shouldn't you just be honest and say something like "my meal ticket"?

I'm also quite shocked at people not realising that was a joke.
Reply 1592

Oooh, that's pretty. And while it's not a dress for everyone, I don't think it's something that would be too hard to pull off. Ie. I don't think it's something you or clairey would have any trouble pulling off. I almost think it's dress-down enough to work as an everyday dress if you wanted it to (though a pretty smart, dressy-up type everyday dress).

In other words, buy it! :p:
I think it would suit you Boo, navy looks good on blondes :yy:

I really want this but since I'm going 5 months without a proper pay day (thanks university :mad:) I don't think I'll be buying it any time soon.

Mmm I think it maybe would. But equally, I have just bought another dress; I have nowhere to wear it; and I'm about to buy a camera, and potentially some Hall stash. So I should probably stop spending money!
Original post by Drogue
I almost think it's dress-down enough to work as an everyday dress if you wanted it to (though a pretty smart, dressy-up type everyday dress). In other words, buy it! :p:

Haha someone has never seen my lab. Quite apart from the fact that I'd be hung drawn and quarter for having that much bear leg while doing wet work, people comment I'm dressed up if I wear a jumper that's not a hoody :p: Also, are you game for some kind of brunchy coffee-y pre-meet meet with me and Charl and Sam?
Reply 1596
Original post by Bekaboo
Haha someone has never seen my lab. Quite apart from the fact that I'd be hung drawn and quarter for having that much bear leg while doing wet work, people comment I'm dressed up if I wear a jumper that's not a hoody :p: Also, are you game for some kind of brunchy coffee-y pre-meet meet with me and Charl and Sam?

Yes, please come Will, I can only stay til 3ish on that Saturday.

Ilex, why aren't you getting paid for months?
Reply 1597
Original post by Bekaboo

Not everyday as in office/lab, but as in going out for dinner/coffee/drinks with friends. As in not just something for a special night out.

And yes, I'm up for pretty much anything pre-meet wise, just not replying to text messages, it seems :o:
Reply 1598

I really want this but since I'm going 5 months without a proper pay day (thanks university :mad:) I don't think I'll be buying it any time soon.

That's quite a... striking... dress. I'm not sure I'm convinced by the huge faux leather bow, but it's an incredibly sexy (if daring) dress.
Original post by Drogue
Not everyday as in office/lab, but as in going out for dinner/coffee/drinks with friends. As in not just something for a special night out.

And yes, I'm up for pretty much anything pre-meet wise, just not replying to text messages, it seems :o:

Ah that makes far more sense. Sadly my life is rather devoid of people to go out with :frown: Although I did wear my pink blazer yesterday for lunch with Harriet :smile: (you know those friends who always make you feel underdressed? Typical that the one time I go to the trouble of coming in with 17 bags so I could go to the gym and still look nice, she met me straight out of the gym in wet hair and a tracksuit. Fail).

Latest

Trending

Trending