The Student Room Group

The Easy Guide to University Responses - Maths Degrees - 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by alexs2602

Thanks.
Lol, yeah, trying to use them correctly but not sure I do. Try to use colons properly too but God knows if I do.

You are :smile:
Original post by alibee
You are :smile:

:smile: Thanks, I never really know but I try to improve my grammar which I find embarrassing when you consider most natives don't have all that great grammar compared to fluent non-natives.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 122
:smile: Thanks, I never really know but I try to improve my grammar which I find embarrassing when you consider most natives don't have all that great grammar compared to fluent non-natives.

Very true.
As a mathematician, its assumed that I can't write properly either, which is irritating. My history teacher once said to me - "you've got a really nice writing style, which is surprising considering you're a scientist".
> <
o
The cheek of it! lol
Original post by tom29whu
Very true.
As a mathematician, its assumed that I can't write properly either, which is irritating. My history teacher once said to me - "you've got a really nice writing style, which is surprising considering you're a scientist".
> <
o
The cheek of it! lol

Lol, my old economics teacher told me I speak like an English student once. That was pretty cool since I take pride in my ability to articulate myself.
Reply 124
Lol, my old economics teacher told me I speak like an English student once. That was pretty cool since I take pride in my ability to articulate myself.

haha thats brilliant. How is an economic student supposed to speak then? Haha.
Any more offers??
Reply 125
Just thought I would have a bit of fun and mess your nice tidy thread up with my scottish-qualifications based offers!

Warwick: A1 in Maths, A2 in any other subject, 2 in Step or Distinction in AEA

Edinburgh: Unconditional :biggrin:
haha thats brilliant. How is an economic student supposed to speak then? Haha.
Any more offers??

They're supposed to use field specific lexis ie use economic terms.

Doesnt appear so but they've only been open a day this term.
Reply 127
They're supposed to use field specific lexis ie use economic terms.

Doesnt appear so but they've only been open a day this term.

guess so but i know of people that received offers over the christmas break...
guess so but i know of people that received offers over the christmas break...

Nottingham was closed from 22nd I think until 4th.

Just got an offer from Nottingham just now. Same as other MMath applicants, according to CharleyChester; AAC/ABB. So ****ing thrilled about that, it was my favourite choice and I've just got an amazing offer. I couldnt have asked for anything better. :nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:
Reply 129
Nottingham was closed from 22nd I think until 4th.

Just got an offer from Nottingham just now. Same as other MMath applicants, according to CharleyChester; AAC/ABB. So ****ing thrilled about that, it was my favourite choice and I've just got an amazing offer. I couldnt have asked for anything better. :nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:

brilliant. Congrats :biggrin:
brilliant. Congrats :biggrin:

Thanks, only Manchester to worry about now. It would be nice to have the chance to consider whether I want to use it as a firm or insurance if nothing else. Don't really care about Leeds, I really can't see what they can do to make me want to go there.
York - AAA
Nottingham - AAA

(didn't take further maths)
Reply 132
Original post by harry.potter
York - AAA
Nottingham - AAA

(didn't take further maths)

Thank you, congrats for the offer
Kings offer-AAA. A in further maths and A in maths. A in all of C1-C4. :biggrin:
Nottingham MMath- only a B in Further Maths, I was worried until about rejections until this
Original post by DarkWarrior
Nottingham MMath- only a B in Further Maths, I was worried until about rejections until this

God I wish I had applied to MMath course there (wanted to switch to the masters course at all my unis anyway). I'll let everyone know if its possible to switch courses when I see them on Wednesday.
Original post by anshul95
God I wish I had applied to MMath course there (wanted to switch to the masters course at all my unis anyway). I'll let everyone know if its possible to switch courses when I see them on Wednesday.

Going Notts on wednesday? Have fun. I'm going up 2 weeks next wednesday
Going Notts on wednesday? Have fun. I'm going up 2 weeks next wednesday

yeah should be.
Reply 138
Offers from York (AAA), Nottingham (AAA) and Sheffield (not been put on UCAS yet) for Maths, waiting on Edinburgh and Bristol
Reply 139
sorry havent been here for ages. Thanks for the updates will add them now. Look like we are getting a good list now... Any others missing??

Quick Reply

Latest