The Student Room Group

Dexter Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danny111
edit: wtf i repped u over nothing. how is that a promo?

Title of the video "Dexter Season 8 Debut Promo"

Definition of promo - something that is used to promote a product, esp a videotape film used to promote a pop record

Therefore, IT IS A PROMO BECAUSE IT IS PROMOTING THE SHOW.
Original post by alexxturnerr
Title of the video "Dexter Season 8 Debut Promo"

Definition of promo - something that is used to promote a product, esp a videotape film used to promote a pop record

Therefore, IT IS A PROMO BECAUSE IT IS PROMOTING THE SHOW.

A promo to me is something that gives away something to come, not rehashes stuff from the past. If you youtube "name of show SxxExx promo", see what you get.
(edited 11 years ago)
A promo to me is something that gives away something to come, not rehashes stuff from the past. If you youtube "name of show SxxExx promo", see what you get.

It's a new promo, regardless of what constitutes a promo in your head. And it does give away something that's to come; it says 'he's not done yet' and lists all of his victims. Listing their names says a lot to me about their attitude to Dexter.

Why on earth would someone neg that girl, in the 'Dexter Society', for taking the time to link to a new promo. How sad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
It's a new promo, regardless of what constitutes a promo in your head. And it does give away something that's to come; it says 'he's not done yet' and lists all of his victims. Listing their names says a lot to me about their attitude to Dexter.

Why on earth would someone neg that girl, in the 'Dexter Society', for taking the time to link to a new promo. How sad.

I didn't neg her, I repped her before I saw the video.
I didn't neg her, I repped her before I saw the video.

I didn't say you did
I didn't say you did

Oh right. I didn't understand you then.
Is a promo meant to be official? Because that one doesn't seem legit.
Original post by original_username
Is a promo meant to be official? Because that one doesn't seem legit.

Yes it is official. People don't seem to understand that a full length spoilery trailer isn't going to be released this far in advance (they are still filming!). This was what is known as a TEASER TRAILER.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Batman
Yes it is official. People don't seem to understand that a full length spoilery trailer isn't going to be released this far in advance (they are still filming!). This was what is known as a TEASER TRAILER.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't believe this. Any "trailer", "promo", or "teaser" should contain at least some bits relevant to the new series.

This was just a list of all people Dexter killed. Whoop dee doo. For another show they made a "trailer" like only 1 or 2 months after season ended, they didn't have any new material but what they did was sum up the past season in such a way and ask the right questions so that it got you wondering where it will go next. This trailer wasn't even a summary.
I don't believe this. Any "trailer", "promo", or "teaser" should contain at least some bits relevant to the new series.

This was just a list of all people Dexter killed. Whoop dee doo. For another show they made a "trailer" like only 1 or 2 months after season ended, they didn't have any new material but what they did was sum up the past season in such a way and ask the right questions so that it got you wondering where it will go next. This trailer wasn't even a summary.

it contains music with lyrics, particular visuals, the victims names and a few other relevant words. stop crying danny boy and start using your imagination.

Your logic is flawed. First you say that any trailer should contain new bits from the upcoming season and then you say another show made a great trailer that didn't feature any new material...
(By the way this trailer was a kind of summary of the past seasons as it showed who was killed by or because of Dexter)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Batman
Your logic is flawed. First you say that any trailer should contain new bits from the upcoming season and then you say another show made a great trailer that didn't feature any new material...
(By the way this trailer was a kind of summary of the past seasons as it showed who was killed by or because of Dexter)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really. The thing I saw, that was a "teaser". Not a trailer. But this thing is not even a teaser imo.
it contains music with lyrics, particular visuals, the victims names and a few other relevant words. stop crying danny boy and start using your imagination.

Calm down bro.
Calm down bro.

heh, good one. the old 'calm down' response. read your previous posts - you're the one getting your knickers in a twist.
Reply 1395
heh, good one. the old 'calm down' response. read your previous posts - you're the one getting your knickers in a twist.
He was just saying how it's a ****ty teaser, you were the one who told him to "stop crying"... :rolleyes:

This sounds a bit more like what you're looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_y192U1m24

But yeah that teaser is a pile of ****. I didn't even believe it was official until I saw it on the Showtime Youtube channel, it looks like it was made by a 14-year old in Windows Movie Maker for **** sake.

Not really. I just argued my viewpoint.

You guys are so upset that I don't accept it as a "trailer".
Original post by Nickini
He was just saying how it's a ****ty teaser, you were the one who told him to "stop crying"... :rolleyes:

This sounds a bit more like what you're looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_y192U1m24

But yeah that teaser is a pile of ****. I didn't even believe it was official until I saw it on the Showtime Youtube channel, it looks like it was made by a 14-year old in Windows Movie Maker for **** sake.

Yes, now that is something that makes me want to watch Season 8. Not a list of all his kills. That teaser recaptures all the excitement form last season and makes you want to find out what happens next.
Not really. I just argued my viewpoint.

You guys are so upset that I don't accept it as a "trailer".

calm down bro
see how annoying that is. it made you get all whoopsie and head for the neg button like someone that needs to

CALM DOWN BRO

Quick Reply

Latest