The Student Room Group

personal statement question

okay so im applying for pharmaceutical chem and im writing about doing henna as a hobby which improves my manual dexterity. this is such a silly question but do you think i should explain what henna is? 😭😭
Original post by esha06
okay so im applying for pharmaceutical chem and im writing about doing henna as a hobby which improves my manual dexterity. this is such a silly question but do you think i should explain what henna is? 😭😭

That’s such a cool hobby and a really great and cool way to show it’s relevant!
I don’t think you’ll need to explain it, they should understand and you have so few characters in a PS anyway that you’ll want to avoid any potentially unnecessary explanations regardless.
Even if they don’t quite know what it is (which I doubt), the explanation of why it’s relevant (which you’ll evidently have) is much more important than the actual hobby, and they read personal statements so quickly that to be honest any initial confusion probably isn’t going to last and certainly isn’t going to factor into a decision.
Best of luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by squiddy135
That’s such a cool hobby and a really great and cool way to show it’s relevant!
I don’t think you’ll need to explain it, they should understand and you have so few characters in a PS anyway that you’ll want to avoid any potentially unnecessary explanations regardless.
Even if they don’t quite know what it is (which I doubt), the explanation of why it’s relevant (which you’ll evidently have) is much more important than the actual hobby, and they read personal statements so quickly that to be honest any initial confusion probably isn’t going to last and certainly isn’t going to factor into a decision.
Best of luck!!

thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending