The Student Room Group

Help on removing Wax from bath tub..

Hi

(Ive googled this.. but its no help!)
I know i shouldnt have because i usually remove the wax before i have a bath/shower, but i already applied (heated)wax on my legs and then.. i was getting late, so i ended up removing the wax whilst in the bath tub.
So some of the wax got stuck to the bath tub :/ and its still stuck there :ahee:, ive tried scrubbing with all the bath cleaning sprays... but it still doesnt come off. If you've done this before.. then do let me know how you got it off :smile:

I will eventually stick to epilating :tongue:

The one ive been using for a while is (so its pretty hard when its not been in the microwave) :

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Just heat it again and it'll melt off. If you put fabric or paper over it, then blast it with a hairdryer, it'll melt and stick to whatever you used to cover it.
Reply 2
have you tried baby oil? It's essentially what you get on those wax removal wipes you get with veet sets.
Reply 3
^^ Use hairdryer to melt it
Reply 4
I wouldn't use a hairdryer...

Just get a really hot cloth and wipe it over. Should do the trick :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
boil a kettle. pour it over the wax.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Get a kettle and pour hot water over it. Then wipe it away. Watch your fingers on the hot water!

Do not scrape it, you could damage the fibreglass and lacquer on the bath! Hot water is what the bath is designed for, that should be fine.

Hairdrier should be OK, but it could get a little too hot...so be careful to ensure the resin doesn't start bubbling.
Reply 7
Use oil. Something about the grease makes it come off.
Original post by clo-clo1
have you tried baby oil? It's essentially what you get on those wax removal wipes you get with veet sets.

Thanks ill try oil or boiling water.. hopefully it'll work.

I didnt know those wipes were filled with oil.. i always thought it had some other product in...and they only give like 4 wipes :/
x
Reply 9
Original post by When will I know?
Thanks ill try oil or boiling water.. hopefully it'll work.

I didnt know those wipes were filled with oil.. i always thought it had some other product in...and they only give like 4 wipes :/
x

It's a different oil to regular baby oil but it still works.
I had a mishap when waxing my armpits with ended up with 95% of the wax strip left under them, used all 4 wipes and half a bottle of baby oil but it worked. Everything else I tried (including make-up remover and a lot of water) just stuck to the wax
Reply 10
I'd use baby oil too :smile:
That stuff is so hard to clean off! This is going to sound weird... but have you tried rubbing it off with E45? I found that this actually helped. :angelblush:
Reply 12
Hairdryer in the bathroom
Original post by clo-clo1
It's a different oil to regular baby oil but it still works.
I had a mishap when waxing my armpits with ended up with 95% of the wax strip left under them, used all 4 wipes and half a bottle of baby oil but it worked. Everything else I tried (including make-up remover and a lot of water) just stuck to the wax

Honestly thanks so much :heart:

Ive always tried to use those wipes generously... like cut them in half lol because i tend to have some wax left on my legs and it feels quite sticky. So im always left scrubbing for a good half an hour with make up wipes.

xxx
Reply 14
Do not re heat it in any way. Just use oil, any type of oil will do. If you re heat it, you will only be able to get some off, and there will still be some sticky resudue.

Quick Reply

Latest