The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Psychology - It's stupid and I hate it and it's a distance learning course and the teacher hates my class.
Maths - I am finding it hard to understand atm but I'm sure it will get easier with time.
Biology - A lot of stuff to memorise but pretty fun to do.
Chemistry - Pretty straight forward and enjoyable so far.
Reply 581
Original post by medbh4805
I initially saw this at the bottom of your list and was like "WTF IT IS THE HARDEST A LEVEL THERE IS"

and then I realised it was modern Greek :ashamed2:

Hahahah I know Ancient Greek is tough, and not at all enjoyable imo ^.^ Modern Greek AS is ridiculously easy. A2 is much harder though, it's like English Lit but in Greek!
Hardest to Easiest:
Physics
Maths
Chemistry
Biology
Reply 583
Hard

1) Physics
2) Computing
3) Maths

Easy
Biology
Maths
ICT
History
Critical Thinking
Maths
French
Chemistry
Biology

and Psychology.
I've already done mine, but from hardest to easiest:

-Biology (I found many questions ambiguous and the answers/explanations to be a bit abstract)
-Maths (It's a nationally recognised difficult subject, basically!)
-Chemistry (I quite liked this and found a lot of it very logical)
-Physics (I know it's odd that I've put this as my easiest, but I really enjoyed it so it came more naturally)
Reply 587
1) Maths
2) French
3) Economics
4) R.S.
1. Chemistry (I dropped out in my first year due to the sheer difficulty)
2. Biology (stopped after getting a D in AS) - the ambiguity of the questions posed much difficulty for me, I couldn't seem to get round the fact that the question asked for one thing, but the mark scheme seemed to contain a lot of irrelevant stuff to get the marks
3. English Lit - I find the amount of work makes this difficult and summoning the energy to get on with it because its boring. So I'd say this actually makes it a hard subject, despite its incorrect label of being 'easy'.
4. History - not exactly hard once you get to grips with exam technique, got an A in AS and now doing A2 which doesn't seem harder, just a lot more content)
5. Law - easy. All you have to do is basically memorize previous cases which demonstrate powers of courts.

1 = hard
(edited 12 years ago)
Hardest to Easiest:

Psychology
Media
Film
Reply 590
Easiest to hardest (I've done quite a few AS- and A-levels, hence the long list).

1. General Studies
2. Psychology
3. Law
4. Sociology
5. English Literature
6. History
7. Biology
8. Chemistry
Reply 591
Hardest to easiest:

Economics
German
English Language
General Studies

:smile:
Reply 592
chemistry, history, eng lit, biology (hardest to easiest)
Hardest to easiest.

1. Biology
2. Maths
3. English Language
4. Art

Taking Art A-Level in one year and it's easy to get on with cause half the time you don't have to think, just have fun :wink:
History
further maths
economics
maths

yeah yeah i cant write an essay to save my life so history was definitely the hardest further maths only because of fp2 and i was self teaching
Reply 595
In order from most difficult to least, for me personally: English Literature, Welsh, Biology, French. It was alright at AS, but I'm very scared about English this year. D:
At this moment in time....
1. Chemistry (wanting to study it at Uni, so working so hard to get it right)
2. Geography (not an essay writing person, but we are practising to write 40 mark essays at the moment :s-smilie:)
3. Biology
4. Maths
5. AS Further Maths
Reply 597
physics
further mths
maths
chemistry
Reply 598
Hardest first:

English Lit
Economics
Psychology
Business
Chemistry

biology

english lit

psychology

global perspectives (cambridge pre u extra general study thingy)

Latest