The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Choosing a college

Hi,
I’ve received an offer to study psychology next year and was wondering how people choose which college to apply for when ranking our first preference?
Reply 1
Hey, congrats on the offer! I have an offer for law and I basically just picked the top 6 colleges I wanted and then looked up how hard it is to get into each college. I ranked my top 6 choices in the order of hardest/ most competitive for spots to least competitive. I was honestly kind of lazy so my method may not be great haha but I’m happy with the order they’re in.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by hcwalsh10
Hi,
I’ve received an offer to study psychology next year and was wondering how people choose which college to apply for when ranking our first preference?

Hiya

Congratulations on your offer! People tend to choose their college based on whether they want self-catered or catered or Hill vs Bailey. Sometimes people also rank their college preferences based on the facilities, sports, societies, clubs, etc. I would suggest narrowing down your preferences (whether you want catered or self catered, Hill or Bailey, etc) and then ranking them according to your preference.

Hope this helps :smile:

-Ghala

Quick Reply

Latest