The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield night out- please help!!

Okay, so all my friends are coming up this weekend. Friday until tuesday. I need to know whats on and wheres good on a Friday/saturday/sunday and monday night. I dont know much about sheffield yet having not been here long. Im at uni of sheff if that makes any difference- dont reli wanna go to pop tarts and the population and space are quite rubbish themes this week.
Anywhere else thats good? All I know is West Street but arent they more bars than actual clubs?
Reply 1
Friday and Saturday pretty much every club is open (Plug, Embrace, Corp, Leadmill ect.), I like to go to a few bars on West St. and then go to either Plug or Embrace.

Sunday nights i'm not too sure of, think DQ is the only club open on a Sunday although I could be wrong. Although thinking about it this sunday Plug may have Full Moon.

Monday night there's Corp, Plug (Think it's Shuffle on a monday), Embrace (Rehab), Leadmill (Shag!).
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Plug's always a good choice on a Friday, plus you can get advance tickets from town/Broomhill which makes life easier. Otherwise I'd suggest Propaganda, which is good indiepop fun but not recommended if your friends are particularly snobbish about music.

Saturday it's got to be Threads at DQ. Best night in the city by far. Otherwise I enjoy a bit of Pop Tarts, and find that friends from other towns love it (they appreciate how awesome our union is where as we take it for granted). I know you said you didn't fancy Poppy T's, but it is the archetypal fun night out. And they do a damned good mojito.

Sunday's a challenge. Nocturnal can be good, Leadmill is unpredictable. Generally I'd go for a bar trip down Div Street - Forum, Old House, B&B. Sunday means early closing though, so maybe the Harley?

As for Monday, Shag at Leadmill is ridiculously studenty and cheap to boot. Nothing special mind. DQ's not bad, but otherwise Mondays are a bit ****. Population really isn't worth entrance.
Reply 3
Pounded at Hallam Union on Mondays is good, and that's coming from a Shef Uni student. :tongue: It's £1 in, or £2.50 on the door I think, and drinks are cheap. If you're down that end of town it's a good rival to Leadmill, without the 30 minute queues at the bar. Other than that, I second what everyone else said. I normally just browse Facebook events when I'm trying to decide where to go, to be honest.
Propaganda is on at the 02 on fridays. Other than that the usual haunts such as Corp, the Leadmill, Plug and also the forum on Devonshire Green.
If you're into alternative music then corp on a monday or friday is good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending