The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

sheffield hallam vs uni of reading

for psychology. i have unconditionals for both. reading is a lot higher on the league table but apparently the town is boring, and it’s unbelievably expensive compared to sheffield.

love the look of hallam but am put off by it being so low on the league table, considering how much ill be paying for the degree. i wanted to go to uni of sheffield but got rejected so now dont know what to do.
Original post by Anonymous #1
for psychology. i have unconditionals for both. reading is a lot higher on the league table but apparently the town is boring, and it’s unbelievably expensive compared to sheffield.

love the look of hallam but am put off by it being so low on the league table, considering how much ill be paying for the degree. i wanted to go to uni of sheffield but got rejected so now dont know what to do.
Hi there,

If you want to chat to someone doing psychology at Hallam and get their insight into the course you can do here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
Just fill in the short form and a current student will get back to you which can be really helpful and you can chat to someone who's doing psychology to get some course specific advice!

As for the social life here, it is really good. I really enjoy it here, there are lots of pubs, bars and clubs which is fun if you like drinking/ going out. It is also really cheap for a night out and there are always offers in the main student bars.

There is also lots of things to do which don't involve drinking if this is not for you. The student union puts lots of events on which are really fun and Sheffield in general is a great city for shopping and eating out!

I hope some of this helps,
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending