The Student Room Group

Have you ever won a competition ?

Scroll to see replies

I won WW1
Reply 21
Only comp Ive ever won is when I was about 6 and I entered a competition in the local newspaper - my prize was going round the town on the carnival float with the cast of snow white....met the woman who plays Susan Kennedy in Neighbours as she was playing the queen or something
I was the Under 10's Suffolk Tennis Champion many years ago, and got a Blue Peter badge for a story I wrote in primary school. I also won another CBBC competition, which was funny because they were the only two I ever entered. I clearly have a high success rate.
My stepdad enters about 40/week and wins at least 2/week generally. Usually it's crap like free stuff from a supermarket, but he's also won a holiday to Jamaica (that he sold on ebay).
Reply 24
Hmmm... I won some straighteners when I was a kid and I won a book in a competition more recently. I also recently entered a competition to win tickets to a football game for my dad for the team he supports, won them and then he didn't want to go! :mad:
Reply 25
I won so many times on that Walkers Rainy Day thing :smile: Just used the weather forecast haha..
Reply 26
When I was little I won an art competition by getting my bro to draw some rainbows...etc and I won a puzzle game XD
Original post by allysun
I won so many times on that Walkers Rainy Day thing :smile: Just used the weather forecast haha..

So did they genuinely send you lots of £10 notes?
Reply 28
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
So did they genuinely send you lots of £10 notes?

They send you cheques :smile:
Reply 29
An N64.
Original post by allysun
They send you cheques :smile:

That's amazing! How much did you make out of it?
Reply 31
Original post by BeautifullyTragic
That's amazing! How much did you make out of it?

£70 :h: I'm glad my mum always buys walkers haha.
I won a box of make-up and stuff from Sugar magazine once :yep:

When I was 13 I won a prize in a short story competition, if that counts :p:
Won a trip to Barbados last year when everyone was depressed:awesome:
Reply 34
British Youth Band Association - Division 1 National Championsip winners 2009 :yep: put us as the 9th best band in Europe.. and still climbing!
Reply 35
No, not quite but I did win a neighbour £124 from a bet he placed on me to win a race! :pierre:
Reply 36
I won a scooby doo doll. It arrived in the post and I couldn't even remember entering the competition, but hey! Free stuff!

Never won anything worthwhile, mind... well, besides a fiver. Once.
(edited 13 years ago)
Runner up on the disney channel great email race (many years ago) - won some Ronan Keating CD's :tongue:

Third in an essay competition and won £50 in book tokens

The best competition I ever won, was this riddle one and I won a Proof Copy of one of the Artemis Fowl books several months before it came out, for a book nerd like me, literally one of the best prizes ever :biggrin:
Reply 38
My dream in life is to win one of the gadget show competitions :sexface:
I won a box of Krispey Kreme a few months ago :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending