Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
NEXT week?!

This is ridiculous! I may actually cry!

Give me track!
Reply 141
fonzievision
Guy I spoke at UCAS today said to try end of next week :eek:

I'm sick of waiting .. it's too painful ... :mad: I'm sure they are delaying it on purpose ... hehe, just to make us sweat!

Ems x
Reply 142
fonzievision
Guy I spoke at UCAS today said to try end of next week :eek:
You've got to be joking! That's like, several years away! It is actually a long time...
Reply 143
*goes out of mind* nnnnngggghhhhhhhfffffbrrrrrriiiinnnnncccllllleees

Reply 144
end of next week? hmm the continuation of a slippery slope.
News Flash: UCAS deems Track unnecessary to application process, closes it. :rolleyes:
Reply 145
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. What the HELL is taking so goddamn long?
Come on, don't be so harsh.. for monkeys they're well-exceeding their capacity to do ONE thing.
Reply 147
mellow-yellow
Come on, don't be so harsh.. for monkeys they're well-exceeding their capacity to do ONE thing.

The incompetance amazes me. Call centres are run by monkeys, and yet they manage to pester you 24/7 with their cold calling and constant "can i interest you in double glazed teapots" or whatever, and yet some other monkeys find it difficult to answer their phones!
LawHopeful
The incompetance amazes me. Call centres are run by monkeys, and yet they manage to pester you 24/7 with their cold calling and constant "can i interest you in double glazed teapots" or whatever, and yet some other monkeys find it difficult to answer their phones!

I know! Maybe all of the monkeys could join forces? Then you would be in constant contact with UCAS.
People need to relax. I heard November 5th opening so till then stop complaining.
my sister was wondering about this, so there has been no exact date ucas has released for when track will start running?
Reply 151
I can understand people saying 'chill out' etc.. but at the end of the day we have paid for a service which we are not receiving. Albeit only £5 or £15 but even so the actual amount is irrelevant. We are not getting the service we paid for, just lame excuses. The longer it takes UCAS to sort the problems the more phone calls they're going to get from concerned students!

Stupid!! They need to get themselves organised. Things should have been up and running, successfully, from 1 September. You can't run a successful business in this fashion. The website hasn't even been updated with a revised date!!
colette
I can understand people saying 'chill out' etc.. but at the end of the day we have paid for a service which we are not receiving. Albeit only £5 or £15 but even so the actual amount is irrelevant. We are not getting the service we paid for, just lame excuses. The longer it takes UCAS to sort the problems the more phone calls they're going to get from concerned students!

Stupid!! They need to get themselves organised. Things should have been up and running, successfully, from 1 September. You can't run a successful business in this fashion. The website hasn't even been updated with a revised date!!

Meh... they're running a new system, that's the problem. The unis have also experienced delays in receiving our forms from them too.

I'm particularly annoyed because I've had two universities so far say that they want to make me an offer, but I'll have to wait for UCAS to notify me of it. If we had Track, I could possibly see my offer details right now! Dammit...
I don't really understand why people are complaining..

I mean, UCAS haven't mucked up (yet), they're just taking a while. They aren't messing up applications, and personally, I'd rather they were going slow and doing things properly and carefully, than rushing- losing applications etc.

Everyone keeps trying to second guess the system, which is fairly unhealthy. Just let UCAS do the job- people are starting to get offers now.
Reply 154
I think you will find that people aren't complaining as such! They are rightly concerned that's all!
You apply and expect a '24 hour' turnaround according to UCAS, but that isn't happening; it's actually 5-7 days! Then you are offered a service to track your application. Great, except it isn't working and no-one seems to know for sure when it will be! Yep, you're right! People are getting offers but I think you'll find many of those haven't been able to find out the terms of the offer!
UCAS have known for a long time that this year was going to be online applications and all testing on their system should have been completed a long time ago, way before 1/9 the time when applications started arriving.
I tell you if this was a pub they'd have been out of business within a week.
You don't open a pub without the beer to sell. No beer no customers. End of business!
UCAS are supposedly providing a public service for which we are paying up front. They are failing to provide that service. How do we know they haven't mucked up yet! All the comments about applications being processed have remained the same and will not be updated until track is operative. All we can assume is that they have received our applications but what then............ One uni told me a week ago that they were having difficulty seeing online applications and had received no paper details whatsoever from UCAS! So any one applying there on 1/9 would be pretty cheesed off by now! The uni isn't pleased either they want to get on with the job!
You're right of course. At the end of the day there's sod all we can do about it except wait it out but it's certainly not ideal and will be a source of further worry and concern to some people as each day goes by :frown:

Enjoy the weekend everybody. Peckers up! Perhaps next week will bring good news to all those of us who haven't heard anything yet!

Col :smile:
Reply 155
Living in Cheltenham, I was quite tempted to march up to their posh building and moan but restrained myself!! I don't understand why its taking so long. Last year with paper entries, they had to enter the form info onto the computer and then send it off. Now its already on their computers so it shouldn't take as long as last year. I suspect they have a server which can't cope with all the applications being online.
Reply 156
they'd better not muck up the applications. :mad:
Reply 157
YouKnewThat!
I don't really understand why people are complaining..

I mean, UCAS haven't mucked up (yet), they're just taking a while. They aren't messing up applications, and personally, I'd rather they were going slow and doing things properly and carefully, than rushing- losing applications etc.

Everyone keeps trying to second guess the system, which is fairly unhealthy. Just let UCAS do the job- people are starting to get offers now.

they messed my application form up (and about 5 other people i know) - southampton uni think i have a criminal record so my application form is delayed by about 3 weeks to let UCAS send them another copy...! so as far as im concerned they are pretty useless! also a few of my friends have had their application forms delayed because the computer system couldnt read some of their forms so they had to change it and send out hard copies.
all this is kinda annoying me! so even if unis have got my application, it might not be correct info they are reading.. *grr*
Reply 158
southampton uni think i have a criminal record

It could have worked to your advantage.... "I just want to know why I killed the admissions tutors who didn;t let me in last time" :biggrin:
Reply 159
ssmoose
It could have worked to your advantage.... "I just want to know why I killed the admissions tutors who didn;t let me in last time" :biggrin:

lol :toofunny: i guess it could... (glad u could see the funny side.. i was so annoyed when they first told me that!) but dont think they have started giving out offers yet anyway so.. *looking on the bright side* :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending