The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Results day MMU - can I still be accepted with these grades

I’m so nervous for results day I need a minimum of 112 ucas points

I have done four A levels

I already have the grades C&D and I think the worst I can do in my other two A levels is D&E which I think will be 96 ucas points :frown:

If I was to get these grades would the university (MMU) decline my place? Or if I only got 104 UCAS points would they decline my place? Really don’t want to do a foundation year😭 also the course is on clearing so this must mean not all places are taken? So is there a chance they will drop the points a little bit and I will get on?
Reply 1
Hey, try not to stress too much, I know it's hard but it'll be OK!
Nothing is guaranteed but if you achieve 104 UCAS points I can almost definitely see them accepting you, 96, I doubt it.
Don't worry though, if you miss this offer, there's always clearing, resitting exams, there's loads of options! :smile:
I hope Thursday goes well for you OP! x

Read my thread about how to cope with results day stress https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5518580#primary_content
And how to cope if you miss your firm or insurance offer https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5485446#primary_content
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by toepeach1997
I’m so nervous for results day I need a minimum of 112 ucas points

I have done four A levels

I already have the grades C&D and I think the worst I can do in my other two A levels is D&E which I think will be 96 ucas points :frown:

If I was to get these grades would the university (MMU) decline my place? Or if I only got 104 UCAS points would they decline my place? Really don’t want to do a foundation year😭 also the course is on clearing so this must mean not all places are taken? So is there a chance they will drop the points a little bit and I will get on?

Hi :wavey:

Glad to hear you've applied to us :smile: We will review applications where students have narrowly missed the conditions of their offer by a small margin, and in some cases will still confirm places or offer alternative courses that may be suitable in Clearing. This is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and also depends on the availability of places at the time. Unfortunately, every year there are some subjects where we cannot take any students who miss their conditions.

We'd advise you to check UCAS Track first thing on Results Day to see if you've got your place. Fingers crossed for you - we hope you get the results you want!

I hope this helps - if you need help with anything else, feel free to comment back or drop us a message :smile:

Matt
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University

Glad to hear you've applied to us :smile: We will review applications where students have narrowly missed the conditions of their offer by a small margin, and in some cases will still confirm places or offer alternative courses that may be suitable in Clearing. This is at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and also depends on the availability of places at the time. Unfortunately, every year there are some subjects where we cannot take any students who miss their conditions.

We'd advise you to check UCAS Track first thing on Results Day to see if you've got your place. Fingers crossed for you - we hope you get the results you want!

I hope this helps - if you need help with anything else, feel free to comment back or drop us a message :smile:

Matt

If I was to miss the points by a small margin when will I be able to hear back to see if you have offered me a place?
The course is Ethics, religion and philosophy
Original post by toepeach1997
If I was to miss the points by a small margin when will I be able to hear back to see if you have offered me a place?
The course is Ethics, religion and philosophy

You can check UCAS track tomorrow to see if a decision has been made. You can also contact our Confirmation helpline on 0161 247 2931 if you are unsure about anything.

Good luck!

Caroline
Reply 5
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University

Matt

Hi if i get 120 ucas tarrif points but i do not get the entry requirements bbb can i still get in
Original post by akashif759
Hi if i get 120 ucas tarrif points but i do not get the entry requirements bbb can i still get in

Hi @akashif759!
This would depend on the course you apply for - if the entry requirements state 120 UCAS points on our website then yes, however if the entry requirements specifically state BBB and not the number of UCAS points, then you would need to achieve BBB. - Chloe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending