The Student Room Group

How do you say We Should in spanish?

Hi guys!

How do you say We Should in spanish because when I search online there are 2 different versions.

First one is debemos and second one is deberiamos and I don't know which one is right?

Thank! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by manutd27
Hi guys!

How do you say We Should in spanish because when I search online there are 2 different versions.

First one is debemos and second one is deberiamos and I don't know which one is right?

Thank! :smile:

Both of them are correct but in different tenses.
Debemos is the present tense while deberiamos is the conditional tense.
I would use the conditional one because debemos is more like saying "we must" and I think it sounds more Spanish using deberiamos.
Reply 2
Ah ok thanks for the answer! So if i wanted to say we should eat, I should say deberíamos comer and not debemos comer and just to conform deberíamos does have an accent right?

Also do you know how to say I like it, is it Me lo gusta or lo gusta?

Thanks!
Reply 3
Ah ok thanks for the answer! So if i wanted to say we should eat, I should say deberíamos comer and not debemos comer and just to conform deberíamos does have an accent right?

Also do you know how to say I like it, is it Me lo gusta or lo gusta?

Thanks!

Yeah deberíamos comer sounds fine. :eek: Shame on me, yeah there is an accent on the í.
Lo me gusta is common for I like it but sometimes the "it" isn't translated so it can be just "me gusta", depends on what you're trying to say I guess.
Reply 4
deberiamos is more correct :P

and its " me gusta " me lo gusta or lo me gusta is totally wrong :wink:
Reply 5
So can i say Lo adoro porque...... I want it to mean I adore it because

Thanks for all the help =D
Reply 6
yea lo adoro is correct :smile:
Reply 7
One more question =D
Thanks for the answers so far!!!!

How do you say I am going to (not in the simple future and in the proper future)

And when do you use the simple future and when do you use the normal future?

Thanks!!
Reply 8
i'm going to is... voy a...
i'm going to dance...voy a bailar

i don't understand your last question, sorry.
One more question =D
Thanks for the answers so far!!!!

How do you say I am going to (not in the simple future and in the proper future)

And when do you use the simple future and when do you use the normal future?

Thanks!!

in response to the first question you posed (not in this quote here, but in the opening post) about 'we should eat', I rarely use 'should' - mainly because I always mix the two and it then looks unprofessional of me to be so inconsistent - I generally use tener + que + infinitive, so in this case, 'tenemos que comer'.

in reply to these questions, it's perfectly fine - at least, to my A2-bound knowledge it is. I mean if you were, theoretically, to start an essay and in the introduction present the primary considerations mentioned later in the main bodies of text ('In this essay I am going to begin by describing.... I will also demonstrate..', for example) that would be acceptable. The only real difference really is the cultural usages of it; in Latin America it's rare that the simple future is used with any widespread intent, instead the compound future 'voy a...' is much, much more common.... must be because they're a friendly bunch!

If you want a challenging read on this subject, then I've just fished an old link out for you - http://www.educacion.es/redele/revista6/MatteBon.pdf

Enjoy!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Chocoyo
Lo me gusta is common for I like it but sometimes the "it" isn't translated so it can be just "me gusta", depends on what you're trying to say I guess.

can you give me an example of when you'd use that? I really have never heard of translated version... 'me gusta' should be the only translation when using gustarse
Reply 11
Just one more thing, how do I say "I would play them more" in spanish using pronouns? By them I mean cards.

Reply 12
Just one more thing, how do I say "I would play them more" in spanish using pronouns? By them I mean cards.

Los jugaría con más frecuencia - I think
Reply 13
Can i say los jugaría más?

Also to say i know that it is great can do i have to have a que ie which of the following is right:

que es guay
or Sées guay

Or are the both right?

Thanks!
Reply 14
se que es guay is correct !

and los jugaría mas is also correct :wink:
Reply 15
Ah thanks!!!!! :biggrin:

Also, Soprendentemente - does that mean suprisingly, i just googled translated it and it came out like that but not 100% sure if it is right! :smile:
Reply 16
yep
Reply 17
Last sentence! :biggrin:

Just want to know how to say regardless/despite of what happens, is it a pesar de lo que sucede - not too sure on sucede! :smile:

Thanks for all your help so far!!!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
independientemente de lo que pase...
a pesar de todo...

any of those :wink:
Reply 19
Ah ok thanks :smile:

So what does sucede actually mean then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending