The Student Room Group

What are you like during Exam season/period?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What's your energy/caffeine drink of choice mines got to be BOOST!!!:biggrin:
Reply 21
During the exam season i'm surprisingly relaxed which pisses of my Dad lol, and I don't get a period because I am a male.
Reply 22
A gibbering wreck. I get all weepy and paranoid. Crazy really considering how few exams I have - one in January and two in June :P
Completely chilled- I revise a little bit, but not too much.. then I stress myself out totally for weeks knowing full well that I could have done so much better than I actually did!
At the beginning of my GCSEs I was incredibly sleep deprived, moody, stressed and not someone you'd want to **** off - I did have a Higher German Speaking test though and a Humanities/psychology clash on the Tuesday and on the following Thursday I had my second psych. test.
It was awful.

By the end of it I couldn't give a flying monkey as I kept on thinking that I'd be okay in the end. I can always retake or take a BETEC if worst comes to worst - I didn't need to. Hurrah. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Liam_G
I don't think about it. I've got into a really bad habit of not revising or anything, just turning up on the morning of the exam and hoping all goes well. I don't know what's wrong with me... In my AS's last year everyone was sitting in my sixth form revising and I just couldn't handle it and went out to sunbathe instead (?!)

Did it affect your grades?

I know quite a few people who had the same attitude and came away with really good grades. It's maddening :l
I'm pretty cheery. I don't get too stressed over exams, and I'm probably the calmest of my friends. The only difference is, I survive off caffeine even more during exam season. In a normal day, I'll have a Red Bull or two. In exam season this can go up to four.

Inb4 an Inbetweeners reference :p:
Original post by SAK.A
What's your energy/caffeine drink of choice mines got to be BOOST!!!:biggrin:

Relentless all the way.

Used to get Happy Shopper's own brand, but it was 20p/can so I ended up buying like 1000 of them and drinking so much it felt like time had slowed down. Which was not a productive way to write essays.
Reply 28
Original post by dknt
Wishing that I did not leave revision this late. And that's everytime.... I never seem to learn.

this.

or - damn, i really just cba to revise. it's only a mock, they don't matter...right?pleaseeee be motivated...please?

back in the day, i used to be pretty good with exams. not too stressed if i'd done all my revision in decent time.
Reply 29
Original post by c0nfus3d
:lolz: me too :smile: In my case, it's gtfo outta my room...

*logs onto facebook*

3 hours later someone comes to check up on my revision, quickly opens book..

"GTFO I'm trying to REVISE!"

THEN revises.

I never learn :colone:

LOL SME! damnnn ima need 2 disable fb durin xmas holz...itz jus 2 addicitive:s-smilie:
Sleep deprived.
Agitated.
Paranoid.
Random spurts of anger towards siblings.
Etc.
Reply 31
Original post by Hanz_a93
LOL SME! damnnn ima need 2 disable fb durin xmas holz...itz jus 2 addicitive:s-smilie:

wish there was a way to disable TSR :colone:
On my meriod.

But seriously, same as ever, but more bored?
Reply 33
Original post by theths
this.

or - damn, i really just cba to revise. it's only a mock, they don't matter...right?pleaseeee be motivated...please?

back in the day, i used to be pretty good with exams. not too stressed if i'd done all my revision in decent time.

I've got mock AS Biology exam on friday and have done no revision at all and I've got a Chemistry AS ISA tommorow and I'm procrastinating. :lolwut:
Reply 34
Original post by SAK.A
I've got mock AS Biology exam on friday and have done no revision at all and I've got a Chemistry AS ISA tommorow and I'm procrastinating. :lolwut:

LOL
shut down yo' computer, seriously, internet is the worst
goood luck (but in the end if you still haven't bothered - it's only a practical, right? :biggrin: )
Original post by dknt
Wishing that I did not leave revision this late. And that's everytime.... I never seem to learn.

This!

And I'm usually depressed, drinking diet coke, coffee, not eating, not sleeping, not doing anything but revising and not actually taking anything in. Or I'm procrastinating. Usually the latter.
I can't work unless I'm under pressure but when I'm under pressure I'm too paralysed to work. So I end up revising the night before. And then I wonder why I don't get the grades I want! :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Oh and instead of revising for Psychology, I'm on here. :sigh:
I have a feeling I'll be ok but if I'm not, I'm not going to be happy!
*reminds self I need an A*
Reply 36
Get really stressed! I look at the revision books and stuff and just think WTF.
During my exam season I'm fine - I have an idea of how I'll do generally, so there's no use getting stressed out.
During my period I get a little hormonal - it's not easy for males you know..
Reply 38
Original post by theths
LOL
shut down yo' computer, seriously, internet is the worst
goood luck (but in the end if you still haven't bothered - it's only a practical, right? :biggrin: )

I've done the actual practical bit I've got to do the paper tommorow. I can't turn my computer off it will hurt her feelings (I love my little lappy). Oh ****! I think I'm delusional. :bl:
Original post by c0nfus3d
wish there was a way to disable TSR :colone:

Aren't bans here only for a week? you could become a massive racist before exams, get banned, then come back after they're done.

Or see if the mods will disable your account for a week or two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending