The Student Room Group

Quitting/fees

I'm quitting uni at Christmas as I'm not enjoying my course/area at all.

Was just wondering if I get my 2nd student loan installment and then quit, will I have to pay it back straightaway as I won't be a student anymore (would make sense considering it's a STUDENT loan) but I just wanted to check? Also the same with the grant?

Reply 1
Original post by Feesh

Was just wondering if I get my 2nd student loan installment and then quit, will I have to pay it back straightaway as I won't be a student anymore (would make sense considering it's a STUDENT loan) but I just wanted to check? Also the same with the grant?

From second-hand experience, you;re likely to be asked to py it all back as soon as possible..
Reply 2
Original post by Feesh

Exactly, it's a student loan...and you don't have to pay student loans back straight away. It's still a loan though, you're better off just quitting now because it's not free money.
You should have quit before 1st dec as you wouldn't have had to pay any tuition fees (I did this!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending