The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have a TI-83 :cool:
Original post by anti-duck
I have a TI-83 :cool:

TI-83 is very nice indeed :biggrin:
Reply 3
does anybody know how to use the above calculator to help with normal distribution A level maths. and can u find the normal or tangent of a equation if u can then plz let me know how. and is it possible to find quartiles. and can u do differentiation on this calc if so can u let me know how to.
Original post by sofiakousar
does anybody know how to use the above calculator to help with normal distribution A level maths. and can u find the normal or tangent of a equation if u can then plz let me know how. and is it possible to find quartiles. and can u do differentiation on this calc if so can u let me know how to.

you cannot do any symbolic differentiation on the above calc. Besides if a calculator has this function it is forbidden on the exam. However if you go to Graph => Draw => shift+menu => and tick DERIVATIVE ON it will show you the gradient of every point you want (dy/dx)
To draw a tangent you go to:
=> Graphs;
=> enter equation;
=> press F4 Sketch;
=> search for (Tang), press it and choose a point for sketching

Distribution is Stats is it? go STAT => DIST
Reply 5
thankyou. i needed to ask u know how do u do normal distribution graphs on it, and from that can u solve questions like p(x>60) etc on the calc. basically the normal distibution wuestions that some in stats paper are u able to solve them all using so. if so can u plz tel me how to step by step. thank you.
Original post by sofiakousar
thankyou. i needed to ask u know how do u do normal distribution graphs on it, and from that can u solve questions like p(x>60) etc on the calc. basically the normal distibution wuestions that some in stats paper are u able to solve them all using so. if so can u plz tel me how to step by step. thank you.

unfortunately I can't help you. My stats exam is in June and I haven't yet started looking into it. Try downloading the manual, it is not brilliant but quite useful. I am pretty sure you can literally solve all of your stats exam on the above calculator so good luck figuring out how to use it :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
unfortunately I can't help you. My stats exam is in June and I haven't yet started looking into it. Try downloading the manual, it is not brilliant but quite useful. I am pretty sure you can literally solve all of your stats exam on the above calculator so good luck figuring out how to use it :biggrin:

it's k i kinda figureed it out. i just had s1 exam today and it was hard. well harder than the past papers. i downloaded the manual but it wasn't that helpful.
Does anyone know how to use this for S1,C4,FP2,FP3 (edexcel) - such as normal distribution matrices etc. Spent £50 on it today only to realise there's no physical manual, the electronic manual is crap and it can't even do MATH IO =\ .
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
Salutations TSR,

I am using the above calculator for my A levels. I wrote a couple of useful programms for it like Finding the roots of quadratic equation, Euler and Improved Euler method for FP3, some physics stuff.
Anyone else using something as well? Maybe we can share.

i am looking to program the quadratic formula into my casio fx-9750gii. would you be able to help me

Latest

Trending

Trending