The Student Room Group

Artttttt adviceeeee needed ??????

basically i am apply for art foundation...
and like i dont know what needs to be inside an portfilio?
like can i draw objects but use different media will that alright for an portfilio?
what size do i draw on A4?A3? and what size do i present it on a1?a2?
and wht do i add in my sketchbook?
Reply 1
heyy im in the same boat im applying this year, ive got my interview in january and i really dont know what to do apart from use my A-level work. Apparentely you need outside work done in free time etc included?

I think a project and journey is all that is needed, presented in the form of a few sketchbooks and pieces on paper. I think they just want to see your imagination and thoughts, u need to incorporate different media so like newspaper, paints, pastels, and perhaps some collages. If your thinking of specializing in fashion for example then u may also include fabrics, sketches, pieces you've made, etc.

The problem with me is that the project im doing for a2 needs to be handed in before my interview so it can be marked so i dont think i can use it, but i may take a few pictures of it and add it somewhere. I've heard that the work for the interview doesnt get handed back?? which is slightly worrying cause i dont want them to keep it and if u ve applied elsewhere then will that mean doing it again?

I think when u present your work it may need to be mounted up on black/white a1/a2 paper so its more clear. I think the size of the drawings doesnt matter u need about 20 good pieces.
I think asking your art teacher may be a good idea.

Hope I've helped a little! :P
Original post by KKang
I've heard that the work for the interview doesnt get handed back?? which is slightly worrying cause i dont want them to keep it and if u ve applied elsewhere then will that mean doing it again?

Well that's a load of rubbish. Don't know what art schools you're applying for, but I applied to 3 last year. 2 of them just look at your work on the day, one of them (Kingston) kept the work for a week or so and then you collected it back off them.

With regards to OP, my work was presented in an A1 portfolio. I brought along about 5 sketchbooks, one from outside of school- my own projects etc. And then about 20 works of art, some GCSE because I didn't do Art at A level.
Reply 3
Original post by Moooooooose
Well that's a load of rubbish. Don't know what art schools you're applying for, but I applied to 3 last year. 2 of them just look at your work on the day, one of them (Kingston) kept the work for a week or so and then you collected it back off them.

With regards to OP, my work was presented in an A1 portfolio. I brought along about 5 sketchbooks, one from outside of school- my own projects etc. And then about 20 works of art, some GCSE because I didn't do Art at A level.

Hey, that was what i heard from someone :\ And I'm applying to Bournville part of BIAD.

Just a quick question what was your interview like? Do they ask you more about your work or about why you want to go there? And did all your art link together or was some separate and had different themes/journeys?
Reply 4
SO do we not need to bring any canvas work? because it would be so much easier to just do photos of them.
And is it essential to use A1 pieces to present? I only have my around A3 size sketch books to present, and creating my own project around my exams is going to be difficult :/

Quick Reply

Latest