The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University Of Liverpool: Student Accommodation - TV License

Hi, I am about to move into Apollo Court in Liverpool where I will be studying at University Of Liverpool. However I recently found out that I need to pay for my own TV license. I was wondering if it was possible to split this with other people in your flat or if it has to be for each individual person. I would like to know this in advance so I am prepared for when I get there and do not fall behind with any potentially important payments.
Original post by Fraser2003
Hi, I am about to move into Apollo Court in Liverpool where I will be studying at University Of Liverpool. However I recently found out that I need to pay for my own TV license. I was wondering if it was possible to split this with other people in your flat or if it has to be for each individual person. I would like to know this in advance so I am prepared for when I get there and do not fall behind with any potentially important payments.

Are you sure you need a TV licence? If you watch or record live TV or use BBC iplayer, then you will need one. If you watch catch-up TV, then you don't need a licence (unless it's on BBC iplayer).
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Fraser2003

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/for-your-home/students-aud1

Hi there,

thanks for posting this useful link!

Essentially it seems that unless you live in a shared house (with a joint contract) you will need your own license. For Apollo Court you will be in your own room, with an individual contract. Therefore if you plan to watch TV then you will need a TV license.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending