The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3960
Carpenter's gonna play LG.
Do you need the game pass thingy to watch the draft on NFL.com this year or can anyone watch it there?
Original post by fudgesundae
Do you need the game pass thingy to watch the draft on NFL.com this year or can anyone watch it there?

You can watch the draft for free but you need to purchase nfl network to watch all the preview shows, Mayock's final mock tonight and everything.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
You can watch the draft for free but you need to purchase nfl network to watch all the preview shows, Mayock's final mock tonight and everything.

Ah ok thats good, not sure if I will be able to watch all the first round though, doesn't finish until about 4am, i'll probably fall asleep :tongue:
Right guys, wee competiton.

We all do our first round mock in this thread, you get one point for every correct player in the round and a second point if you correctly predict the right team.

Will post my effort lately.
Ind - Andrew Luck
Was - RG3
Min - Matt Kalil
CLE - Trent Richardson
Tb - Morris Claiborne
Stl - Justin Blackmon
Jax - Stephon Gilmore
Mia - Ryan Tannehill
Car - Fletcher Cox
Buf - Luke Kuechly
KC - David DeCastro
Sea - Dont'a Hightower
ARI - Michael Floyd
Dal - Mark Barron
Phi - Dontari Poe
NYJ - Melvin Ingram
CIN - Cordy Glenn
SD - Whitney Mercilus
Chi - Quinton Coples
Ten - Devon Still
CIN - Kendall Wright
CLE - Riley Reiff
DET - Jonathon Martin
Pit - Kevin Zeitler
Den - Nick Perry
HOU - Stephen Hill
NE - Chandler Jones
GB - Shea McClellin
Bal - Peter Konz
SF - Coby Fleener
NE - Harrison Smith
NYG - Jerel Worthy
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Right guys, wee competiton.

We all do our first round mock in this thread, you get one point for every correct player in the round and a second point if you correctly predict the right team.

Will post my effort lately.

Good idea, here's mine:

#1 Colts - Andrew Luck QB
#2 Redskins - RG3 QB
#3 Vikings - Matt Kalil OT
#4 Browns - Trent Richardson RB
#5 Bucs - Morris Claiborne CB
#6 Rams - Justin Blackmon WR
#7 Jaguars - Melvin Ingram DE
#8 Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill QB
#9 Panthers - Fletcher Cox DT
#10 Bills - Luke Kuechly MLB
#11 Chiefs - Mark Barron SS
#12 Seahawks - Quinton Coples DE
#13 Cardinals - Riley Reiff OT
#14 Cowboys - Michael Brockers DT
#15 Eagles - Stephon Gilmore CB
#16 Jets - Michael Floyd WR
#17 Bengals - Dre Kirkpatrick CB
#18 Chargers - Whitney Mercilus DE
#19 Bears - Chandler Jones DE
#20 Titans - Bruce Irvin DE
#21 Bengals - David De Castro OG
#22 Browns - Kendall Wright WR
#23 Lions - Jonathan Martin OT
#24 Steelers - Cordy Glenn OT
#25 Broncos - Dontari Poe DT
#26 Texans - Stephen Hill WR
#27 Patriots - Shea McClellin DE
#28 Packers - Harrison Smith FS
#29 Ravens - Dont'a Hightower MLB
#30 49ers - Kevin Zeitler OG
#31 Patriots - Courtney Upshaw OLB
#32 Giants - Coby Fleener TE

Was considering having the Browns pick Blackmon, but just couldn't do it as it would be stupid IMO. All though I have a feeling they will do it. Also my Titans pick was a huge guess. I have literally no idea who they will pick.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3967
I'm going to put up a mock draft tomorrow during the late afternoon. Saw Mayock's mock, he has Blackmon, Richardson and Claiborne at 4,5,6. Don't think we'd pass our corner need for Richardson even though Schiano loves him and behind our line he could be dominant
Challenge accepted.

Colts - Andrew Luck
Redskins - Robert Griffin III
Vikings - Matt Kalil
Browns - Trent Richardson
Buccaneers - Morris Claibourne
Rams - Justin Blackmon
Jaguars - Melvin Ingram
Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill
Panthers - Fletcher Cox
Bills - Michael Floyd
Chiefs - Luke Kuechley
Seahawks - Quinton Coples
Cardinals - Riley Reiff
Cowboys - Mark Barron
Eagles - Michael Brockers
Jets - Courtney Upshaw
Bengals - Stephon Gilmore
Chargers - Chandler Jones
Bears - David Decastro
Titans - Dre Kirkpatrick
Bengals - Doug Martin
Browns - Stephen Hill
Lions - Jonathan Martin
Steelers - Dont'a Hightower
Broncos - Dontari Poe
Texans - Kendall Wright
Patriots - Nick Perry
Packers - Shea Mclellin
Ravens - Cordy Glenn
49ers - Reuben Randle
Patriots - Harrison Smith
Giants - Coby Fleener
(edited 12 years ago)
Also, why does everyone have Bears taking D-line? I know they're in a division with Rodgers and Stafford but, seriously, have you seen their O-line?! Truly shocking. Any help would improve it instantly.
Original post by Scott129
Also, why does everyone have Bears taking D-line? I know they're in a division with Rodgers and Stafford but, seriously, have you seen their O-line?! Truly shocking. Any help would improve it instantly.

I had them taking Chandler Jones because he was still left at 19 in my mock and he is one of the best/the best pass rusher in the draft. Him and Julius Peppers would dominate an opposition QB.
Reply 3971
Am I being an idiot or do you have the Browns taking Richardson at 4 and then Doug Martin at 22, double-dipping at running back in the first round.
Original post by Ben_S
Am I being an idiot or do you have the Browns taking Richardson at 4 and then Doug Martin at 22, double-dipping at running back in the first round.

Yep, my mistake haha. Accidentally mixed up the Browns and Bengals :colondollar:
This is a pretty rushed guess, and it'll all be blown out when we get the first trades in.

#1 Colts - Andrew Luck
#2 Redskins - RG3
#3 Vikings - Matt Kalil
#4 Browns - Justin Blackmon
#5 Bucs - Morris Claiborne
#6 Rams - Trent Richardson
#7 Jaguars - Melvin Ingram
#8 Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill
#9 Panthers - Fletcher Cox
#10 Bills - Jonathan Martin
#11 Chiefs - Luke Kuechly
#12 Seahawks - Quinton Coples
#13 Cardinals - Riley Reiff
#14 Cowboys - Mark Barron
#15 Eagles - David DeCastro
#16 Jets - Dont'a Hightower
#17 Bengals - Stephen Gilmore
#18 Chargers - Courtney Upshaw
#19 Bears - Kendall Wright
#20 Titans - Jonathan Martin
#21 Bengals - Mike Adams
#22 Browns - Cordy Glenn
#23 Lions - Janoris Jenkins
#24 Steelers - Dontari Poe
#25 Broncos - Coby Fleener
#26 Texans - Stephen Hill
#27 Patriots - Harrison Smith
#28 Packers - Doug Martin
#29 Ravens - Peter Konz
#30 49ers - Ruben Randle
#31 Patriots - Shea McClellin
#32 Giants - David Wilson
I'm unable to do a mock for the first year ever :frown:

I've been too busy with work to know anyone apart from RGIII, Luck and USC guys :facepalm2:
Looks like the Browns might take Blackmon with 4, Martin with 22 and then try to get Weeden. They may try and trade their high 2nd rounder for the Pats 31 to take him?
Original post by fudgesundae
Looks like the Browns might take Blackmon with 4, Martin with 22 and then try to get Weeden. They may try and trade their high 2nd rounder for the Pats 31 to take him?

Is there much point in them trading up for a QB? I mean, Giants at 32, Rams at 33, Colts at 34, Vikings at 35, Browns at 36. NYG, STL, IND and MIN aren't going to be drafting quarterbacks.
Original post by mobius323
Is there much point in them trading up for a QB? I mean, Giants at 32, Rams at 33, Colts at 34, Vikings at 35, Browns at 36. NYG, STL, IND and MIN aren't going to be drafting quarterbacks.

Because they are worried that someone else will trade up to one of those picks to pick him. Round 2 is a day later so there is a long time for another team to trade to the top of the round.
I could see us (Dolphins) taking Tannehill given the need for a QB in the long term, but I feel more strongly that for some reason we'll avoid him at 8 or trade down...

Also can see the Bucs going for Trent Richardson rather than Claiborne, if the Browns don't get him. He'd really help Freeman out, taking the pressure off.

Just a couple of hunches really. I'm so looking forward to this. I love the draft. It's so hard to predict all this with all the trades. It'll be interesting too to see who will slide - probably someone whose stock rose from the combine I imagine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Does the draft start at 11 or 12 here?

Hoping the Browns get Weeden at 37, seems others think he's more late-2nd so hoping he's still there, or we trade up for him if need be.

Latest