The Student Room Group

Zante for a lads holiday - would you recommend it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rylit91
I am proud to say I am not a 'lad' by the modern, and frankly erroneous and grating, definition, but for those who have a brain a lad is quite exactly what you said it wasn't.

I might also add that snobbish is not born out of having a sense of decency. Who in their right minds would willingly go one of these places if they had any dignity?!

I would definitely give it a go at one of these places. The only thing that has so far stopped me is that I would much prefer to spend £600 on going on a language course abroad or interailling. I may have guttingly missed out on the STDs and getting "im a stupid c***" tattooed on my forehead, but I prefer get smashed with Germans, Czechs, the Japanese, Poles etc then a bunch of people who I could probably find during the average night up Watford back home.
Reply 41
Original post by katebrighteyes
I went to Zante last year and I didnt notice it being a sausage fest and Im a girl! It was pretty much 50:50. I'm off to Magaluf this year and supposedly that is a sausage fest.

I had the most amazing time ever in Zante though. I really want to go back. You will love it. I stayed in Bluebell apartments, 10 mins from the strip and 1 minute from the beach :smile: PM me if you want any info. It's defo somewhere to go.

Hola, i'm organising a masssive trip to Laganas (like 60-70 people haha), Tell me, how much did you pay for Bluebell apartments?
Was it good?
How many people per a room?
How much did your holiday cost overall roughly?

THANKS X
Original post by Joist
I went this year with my mates and it was decidedly average- not a patch on the hype.
Huge sausage fest, and 90% of them irritating chavvy idiots. Nightlife was overrated, drink prices not great, and very questionable alcohol content in the "deals" you get offered as you go down the strip. Beaches wasn't great either.

The previous year we went to Sunny Beach in Bulgaria- and that was amazing. Loads of lovely European girls, not overrun with pikeys, dirt cheap beer, nightlife that blows Zante away, better beaches, overall just a far better holiday. But people continue to go to Zante cos it's "Zante bruvvvvv tattoo Zante on our arse yeahhh". Zante appeals to a certain (read: chav) type of person imo.

Completely agree with this, and I'm sick of it tbh, the type of people that go on these holidays are just idiots.
Original post by adam_zed
I would definitely give it a go at one of these places. The only thing that has so far stopped me is that I would much prefer to spend £600 on going on a language course abroad or interailling. I may have guttingly missed out on the STDs and getting "im a stupid c***" tattooed on my forehead, but I prefer get smashed with Germans, Czechs, the Japanese, Poles etc then a bunch of people who I could probably find during the average night up Watford back home.

Excellent reply, just like me. Much prefer to mingle with the locals. +1 rep to you when I have it back sir.
Oh god me and my boyfriend have booked a holiday to Zante. The area looked lovely and quiet and peaceful and the apartment owner assured us it was very private, but when I see threads like this and the god-awful facebook group filled with chavs it makes me want to cry.
Original post by BlueJoker
Oh god me and my boyfriend have booked a holiday to Zante. The area looked lovely and quiet and peaceful and the apartment owner assured us it was very private, but when I see threads like this and the god-awful facebook group filled with chavs it makes me want to cry.

I'm sorry, but if you want a quiet and relaxing holiday, Zante is NOT the place to go. I mean there are quieter areas, Laganas is the main party bit so just don't go anywhere near there and it'll be quit(er). But my friend went to the quieter bit of Zante with her family about 2 years ago and there was still a big party atmosphere even they were in the'quiet' bit.

I would recommend, for next time, to go somewhere without any kind of party area, otherwise it'll never be peaceful.

You didn't realise Zante was like that before you booked? Oh dear...
Original post by ellie-wellie
I'm sorry, but if you want a quiet and relaxing holiday, Zante is NOT the place to go. I mean there are quieter areas, Laganas is the main party bit so just don't go anywhere near there and it'll be quit(er). But my friend went to the quieter bit of Zante with her family about 2 years ago and there was still a big party atmosphere even they were in the'quiet' bit.

I would recommend, for next time, to go somewhere without any kind of party area, otherwise it'll never be peaceful.

I didn't realise that at the time though. We just knew we wanted to go to one of the greek islands, and to be fair, when we were looking at the apartment it seemed to be the quietest place we could get without having to need a car.

A little niave, I'll admit, but it's the chavs that have ruined these places. The island and apartment look beautiful. It's lads and sluts like this that should have just stuck with Benidorm where they belong. :angry:
Original post by gingerrama
You didn't realise Zante was like that before you booked? Oh dear...

I'd never heard of it before, I was going by the reccomendation of a friend, who I have since realised is a slut.
Reply 49
****LAD grr humphhdh crapbants kjkjhjkh unsound banter cjfjkfhjhf GAY herp derp.

I completely agree, why would you blow hundreds of pounds going to blackpool in the heat? Don't kids do real travelling anymore?

I'd never heard of it before, I was going by the reccomendation of a friend, who I have since realised is a slut.

:rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by LC_x
Do it! :smile: my lad mates went last year and all came back with the word ZaNtE tattooed on there bums haa.
Or theres aiya napa, magaluf, faliraki, playa de las americas in tenerife or kos? :smile:

:lolwut:

and OP, not sure whether it's been mentioned or not but sack whatever plans you had for 'Zante' 'cause the ultimate 'lads holiday' is obviously Amsterdam. :cool:
Original post by Organ
****LAD grr humphhdh crapbants kjkjhjkh unsound banter cjfjkfhjhf GAY herp derp.

I completely agree, why would you blow hundreds of pounds going to blackpool in the heat? Don't kids do real travelling anymore?

:rofl:

I don't see why people should pay nearly a thousand pounds per person to be stuck in a hotel with a group of Mancunian louts who complain about the lack of alcohol in the hotel's toast at breakfast time.
It is actually amazing, hoping to go back this year. Its brilliant

:rofl3:
I think Malia looks worse, if that's any consolation
Reply 54
I think the worse part is that the place just resembles a provincial british town centre - it's just not very imaginative. When the worlds your oyster - you don't settle for Malia :yes:
Original post by Organ
I think the worse part is that the place just resembles a provincial british town centre - it's just not very imaginative. When the worlds your oyster - you don't settle for Malia :yes:

Or Benidorm. Christ, I've heard some nasty stories about Benidorm!
Reply 56
Haha, Benidorm is fairly retro these days.

I don't see the attraction of these clubbing islands, places like Berlin, Barcelona, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Reykjavik even! - are miles better if your after clubbing, plus you get to actually visit the respective places.
I went 2 years ago with my mate, and had an amazing time. Stayed at the Rose Club in Laganas, only a few minutes from the strip but you didn't get any noise and the owner was a great laugh.
General message I'm getting here is that Zante is awesome but everyone seems to have gone there last year or a year back, is that where the hype is this year?:confused:
Original post by banana1212
Hola, i'm organising a masssive trip to Laganas (like 60-70 people haha), Tell me, how much did you pay for Bluebell apartments?
Was it good?
How many people per a room?
How much did your holiday cost overall roughly?

THANKS X

For a week it cost us £400 inc. flights....but when booked earlier its cheaper but that was booked in Jan 2010. Ummm 4 people per room! Booked it through First Choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest