The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I don't mind getting haircuts. But usually I can't be bothered to go there and I hate the waiting.
Original post by MikeeyMon
Regis. It depends. For a wash,cut and style..it's about £35. So I suggest you grab your student card too. But its amazing. Ask for a woman called Jayne. She's amazing.

It is full of women in there which is off putting. Have you seen guys going in there?Will do then. thanks. Does she know what you want? Does she advise you? etc...
I'm a guy! In the past I've came early and she's had men clients. There is a man there, from last time I went. But she is amazing, not been dispointed once. Usually I'am.

I ask her, then she goes well that could work..and she gives you suggestions. Then asks do you want that, or if not she discusses another style with you. She's not like a fussy chopping hairdresser, she discusses exactly what you want, during the cut too if you want anything adding. Shes amazing pal. Highly recommend.

I will then. I am going to wait for my hair to grow properly. When I do think it is time for the chop, I'll go there then.
I have had bad experiences.
Thanks.
When did you last go there?
I went in April I think. My hair is quite long now. I'm going sometime this week. Need to book an appointment.

Yeah, Let me know how you get on. Ask for Jayne when you ring.

No worries pal.

Thanks. I need a good one. I will let you know when i go and how it went. It will be some time though.
Reply 64
Original post by Willum Infanta
Yeah the week or two after I get it cut it always looks terrible, I never really know what to say, I get it fairly short but let it grow back quite a bit, and it then turns into what is now known as the 'Bieber' even though that's what I always got :grr:

My friends dad is a good hairdresser/hair guy so he always has really decent hair :sadnod:

Which of his dads is a good hairdresser? :rolleyes:
Reply 65
I'm glad this hatred of hairdressing is largely a universal calling,

Having said that, my hairdresser is hot! :biggrin:
Original post by Bunkd
Which of his dads is a good hairdresser? :rolleyes:

I take that's a play on the sickipedia joke?

I don't know why hairdressing is considered a homosexual career since you're cutting/styling (mainly girls but boys as well) hair
Reply 67
Since I have long hair I have to go to a hairdressers instead of a barbers. I don't really like it =(
Reply 68
I can't say I like having my hair cut. So much so that it's not been cut in any way for two and a half years.
It was shortened by fire ever so slightly, but never cut.
Original post by Rainbow-Dream
Not for all. :frown: I have thick curly hair and even after having taken 2 paracetamols beforehand it's still painful. I brush it through with conditioner but by the time I get to the hairdressers it hurts like hell.
...and it still never looks good afterwards.

:eek:
I didnt know its actually painful.
Reply 70
Original post by lukas1051
I'm a guy. I have longish hair that I sweep to the side because I am lazy. Occasionally, my hair starts to get very thick and messy and curly, so I have to get it cut.

I hate having my haircut. I never know how to ask for it, I feel like saying 'well I want it as it is... but less so' but I usually just say 'uhh a little shorter, thin it out a bit... I don't know'. They always cut it too short, it looks alright when it's wet but once I've got home it dries and looks stupid for the first week or so. The haircut itself is always awkward, the only barber's in my town is run by women - I have nothing against them but there really is no common interest about which I can have a conversation with a 30 year old woman. I sit there for 30 minutes in silence while someone pulls at and cuts my hair.

Just wondered if anyone else hates having their haircut like I do?

Haha exactly the same as me! I've been putting it off for ages, have to go soon though it's so long it pisses me off keep moving away from my eyes.
I hate it so much I started cutting my own hair... Too bad that I can't do the back even with the aid of several mirrors... Hand eye coordination and all that :/
Reply 72
i always get my hair cut in THailand. Cause they don't speak english and i don't get into a conversation- awesome. and its cheap. 3quid, wash-cut-wash-blow dry.
Reply 73
Barbers I usually go to just shuts up and cuts! now i'm in a different country ive been putting it off for a while, 2 of my friends went to get their hair cut and obviously not knowing the language didn't help too much!! dunno how i'm gonna go about doing it lol... :/
Reply 74
am very thankful of this forum
Reply 75
I like getting my haircut, but I'm sort of a mod so like to keep it smart. What I hate though is when they cut your sideburns halfway up your face! They don't even ask if you want it done. They just quickly shave it, like they know you don't want them to but will quickly do it so you can't ask them not to.

WHY DO THEY DO THAT?! I've obviously grown them to that length for a reason, some italian halfwit doesn't have the right to choose how long I want them.

No tip.
I cannot stand barbers. Been going to a salon for nearly two years. Best hair related decision I've ever made in my entire life. It might be borderline gay but my god do those girls know how to cut hair.
Yes Sometimes I do hate having a hair cut but not all the time.
I hate getting my hair cut. I usually grow it out until I look homeless then I get it cut and repeat the process.
YEP!

Latest