The Student Room Group

girl asked me out but I don't want to go

im kinda depressed and just feel like a bad person overall. I don't really want put that onto anyone else. Although i do want a girlfriend at the same time i feel like i dont really deserve it. what should i do
Reply 1
Original post by fronsl1
im kinda depressed and just feel like a bad person overall. I don't really want put that onto anyone else. Although i do want a girlfriend at the same time i feel like i dont really deserve it. what should i do

first and foremost, you are very much deserving of it.

secondly, i think it'd be good to give it a go, i mean worst case scenario it doesn't go well and you both move on with your lives. i understand thats easier said than done but for me personally, I just have to really push myself to do things sometimes.

though on the other hand, i think with most people it's beneficial to better yourself in terms of mental health and lifestyle first before getting into a relationship. the relationship is much more likely to end if you find yourself relying on the other person for happiness and such because it can be draining for them unfortunately and in no way are they meant to be like a therapist for you.

i think it depends on what you really think is gonna help you at the end of the day. some people need another person to help them out of their dark place, some other people need to get out of their dark place themselves. motivation for this might be scarce, but its baby steps, and you're never alone:smile: hope whatever you decide works out!
Do you not like her?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Do you not like her?

i like her but just hate myself tbh
Reply 4
Give it a go, it might help
Reply 5
Original post by fronsl1

Clearly she does not hate you. and you like her. Stop putting up barriers on yourself and say yes.
Original post by Ghostlady
Clearly she does not hate you. and you like her. Stop putting up barriers on yourself and say yes.

yeah because she doesn't know me properly
Original post by fronsl1

Original post by fronsl1
yeah because she doesn't know me properly

You don't get to decide whether or not someone else likes you. Go out with her, and she'll decide for herself.
interesting, because 99 percent of women will NEVER ask a guy out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending