The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7200
Original post by Kevmeister
Try using allmusic.com to find similar artists to bands you already like, it also gives their influences, other bands that their members of and so forth. Very good site.

Thanks, babe :jumphug:
Reply 7201
You lot should embrace ethnic music tbh.

Reply 7202
EFFNIK

Reply 7203
Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
:yawn:

I will do slightly more over the summer than just get some music. I have a job ffs :pierre: :sad:

You're hardly the pinnacle of productivity with your fake little drawing job :wavingtheflag:

I've missed you is all :flutter:

Oh nice one, what you working as/where you working? After your last year I wouldn't have been surprised if you were doing nothing tbf :h:

I get paid the same regardless of productivity, I don't see the point in working harder :wavingtheflag:
Reply 7204
allmusic.com has already proven to be a godsend.
Original post by sango

Original post by sango

I remember when I spent a whole hour talking about Fela with my favourite Nigerian man - that was a good day :love:
Reply 7206
Original post by natty_d
I remember when I spent a whole hour talking about Fela with my favourite Nigerian man - that was a good day :love:

That's basically the topic of discussion whenever my uncles are around. Ah Nigerian culture :daydreaming:
Reply 7207
Original post by Louis.
Can I have some sites to download music from sil vous plait? :puppyeyes:

Haven't updated my Ipod for sooooo long, it'll give me something to do over the summer. Instead of being, y'know, productive.

Hmm you could torrent it or type in the song name on google and write zippyshare after it, click on a link and just press the download button on that page, works easily.
Reply 7208
Original post by sango

This is as ethnic as I can go

Original post by sango

Original post by sango
That's basically the topic of discussion whenever my uncles are around. Ah Nigerian culture :daydreaming:

I don't really have any "uncles" as such.
Reply 7210
Original post by natty_d

Really? Ah you're missing out then :frown:

Some of the things you hear. :lol:
Reply 7211
Original post by natty_d

All FOBs have uncles.
Original post by sango

Original post by sango
Really? Ah you're missing out then :frown:

Some of the things you hear. :lol:

Original post by Colonel.
All FOBs have uncles.

My dad has 22+ siblings, 6 of which are my proper blood uncles. I barely know my own father so I don't really know my uncles. I do bump into the odd one randomly in the street though :rofl:

Nice and awkward :ahee: :colondollar:
I have two uncles on one side and 5 on the other, and I thought that was a lot. :lolwut:
Reply 7214
Original post by natty_d
My dad has 22+ siblings, 6 of which are my proper blood uncles. I barely know my own father so I don't really know my uncles. I do bump into the odd one randomly in the street though :rofl:

Nice and awkward :ahee: :colondollar:

:yeah:

Your grandad was a busy man. Jheeze, my parents both ave 7 siblings and my dad has 4 half siblings, since my Grandad married a second wife, ten years younger than my dad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sango

Original post by sango
:yeah:

Your grandad was a busy man. Jheeze, my parents both ave 7 siblings and my dad has 4 half siblings, since my Grandad married a second wife, ten years younger than my dad.

My grandad has 3 wives, and my dad's mum was the second wife. She had 9 children - 7 boys and twin girls :h:

Original post by marcusmerehay
I have two uncles on one side and 5 on the other, and I thought that was a lot. :lolwut:

My mum had 7 siblings :awesome:

FOBS ftw :ahee:
Randy bastards. :colonhash:
Reply 7217
You can probably thank the Catholic Church for all those relatives :awesome:
Reply 7218
Original post by R-KAM
I've missed you is all :flutter:

Oh nice one, what you working as/where you working? After your last year I wouldn't have been surprised if you were doing nothing tbf :h:

I get paid the same regardless of productivity, I don't see the point in working harder :wavingtheflag:

What is bold supposed to mean? :hmmm:

Just in a shop, shelves and tills. Not as bad as it sounds because about 70% of people who work there are part timers my age so there are loads of people to talk to, and they always overstaff so you're not expected to work hard :sogood:

Pay aint bad for what it is either, although not exactly great.

Currently chilling outside, book in one hand, Koppaberg in the other, with my laptop in front of me. And a view of some fields and ****. Life is hard :cool:
Original post by natty_d
My grandad has 3 wives, and my dad's mum was the second wife. She had 9 children - 7 boys and twin girls :h:

My mum had 7 siblings :awesome:

FOBS ftw :ahee:

Think I win with all this sibling talk, my dad has 5 uncles, 4 aunts on one side and 4 aunts, 4 uncles on the other side. With the grand total of 38 cousins.

Latest