The Student Room Group

Sixth form friends :(

I've been in the same friend group since year 7. Since year 12 I've grown apart from them, I'm the only one who is still academic and wants to go to a nice uni, I'm always left out and judged for not dressing and behaving like them and avoiding their other friends who are scared to death of me cos it's actually going quite well for me otherwise. Can't really avoid them in year 13 so I can't leave entirely cos it's awkward. What do I do!!
Reply 1
join a new friend group, or hang around with them one day and a different group another day. by doing this, you can eventually switch friend groups
Original post by Anonymous
I've been in the same friend group since year 7. Since year 12 I've grown apart from them, I'm the only one who is still academic and wants to go to a nice uni, I'm always left out and judged for not dressing and behaving like them and avoiding their other friends who are scared to death of me cos it's actually going quite well for me otherwise. Can't really avoid them in year 13 so I can't leave entirely cos it's awkward. What do I do!!

hey! i’m amelia and ur situation doesn’t sound great. i’m in a similar situation but going into uear 12. i’m going to try and make friends as u should too but just remeber u will be going to uni very soon so focus on getting good grades and uni will bring lots of great friends for u. we can be friends in the meantime if u like x :wink:
Reply 3
Hehe thankyou!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hehe thankyou!!

wanna be friends on socials? completely up to u x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending