The Student Room Group

University Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClickItBack
Indeed, was a good match. UCL look like a strong team this year.

Watching all this UC has made me think about trying out for my institution's team this year. Not that I've got much of a chance, but I feel like I ought to give it a try!

That's what everyone says, and you have nothing to lose! Give it a go and give me tickets to watch when you're famous :tongue:
Original post by the bear
I enjoyed the UCL vs EXETER tussle. Mr Bruette was awesome for the Lunnun team.

The Periodic Table/Chessboard question was very original.

bear™ correctly answered the Binary Arithmetick question.

It was fun, I think it was the best episode so far in this season. I liked that periodic table question! It was hard - did Bear solve it? :smile:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It was fun, I think it was the best episode so far in this season. I liked that periodic table question! It was hard - did Bear solve it? :smile:

ermmm... no :ashamed:
ermmm... no :ashamed:

Is bear scientific? I didn't get it either, but then I'm not a chemist! :giggle:
Is bear scientific? I didn't get it either, but then I'm not a chemist! :giggle:

bear™ has a Science Degree from the top University in England. he can be relied upon to answer the Maths and Physics and Geology Questions.

:borat:
bear™ has a Science Degree from the top University in England. he can be relied upon to answer the Maths and Physics and Geology Questions.

:borat:

Impressed. Horticultural Studies at Royal Agricultural? :teehee:
Impressed. Horticultural Studies at Royal Agricultural? :teehee:

you minx you :angry::angry:

i can show you round my potting shed if you like :sexface:

you can have a go on my dibber.
(edited 9 years ago)
I liked Exeter. Wah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao Brasenose Oxford are literally being trashed by Durham.
I was imagining dozens of Oxford students watching that episode in the pub with dismay
Original post by Christop
I was imagining dozens of Oxford students watching that episode in the pub with dismay

Slightly bad luck for Brasenose that they were on so late in the first round, just managing to hit freshers' week.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lmao Brasenose Oxford are literally being trashed by Durham.

It was a bit cringe-inducing. Especially that two of the very few lines they got were "bastard!" and "we were waiting for the musicals". :lol:
It was a bit cringe-inducing. Especially that two of the very few lines they got were "bastard!" and "we were waiting for the musicals". :lol:

Yes looking at it like that it was all a bit strange, two of them were first year students no? I swear they would have only just recovered from freshers' week...not that Oxford has the wildest of freshers but you know.

That Lloyd guy from Durham :sexface:
Yes looking at it like that it was all a bit strange, two of them were first year students no? I swear they would have only just recovered from freshers' week...not that Oxford has the wildest of freshers but you know.

That Lloyd guy from Durham :sexface:

Some freshers manage to go a bit overboard at Ox and Brasenose is noted for being fun, but they didn't look particularly hung over or anything, just, well, a bit sleepy.

Yah, he is quite cute. :blush:
Some freshers manage to go a bit overboard at Ox and Brasenose is noted for being fun, but they didn't look particularly hung over or anything, just, well, a bit sleepy.

Yah, he is quite cute. :blush:

Either way, it was a poor performance. Quite annoyingly my friend found it the perfect opportunity to discuss or rant about rather the 'this is why men are better' debate :colonhash:
Tied for 3rd lowest score in proper UC history - tied 2nd if you exclude matches involving the disqualified Corpus Christi team. Until the last couple of mins they were on for worst ever (currently 15 or 30 if you exclude Corpus)

Freshers' week is just starting in Oxford but that's irrelevant as the episodes are filmed in advance. (That's how there were clips of tonight's teams on-set in the documentary that went out in July.)
Got absolutely rekt. Well played to Durham though, they did do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BJack
Freshers' week is just starting in Oxford but that's irrelevant as the episodes are filmed in advance. (That's how there were clips of tonight's teams on-set in the documentary that went out in July.)

Ah I see. Dumb of me not to remember seeing as I just finished helping my nephew shop for this matriculation ceremony thing that they do.
I have to admit to feeling some schadenfreude from the Oxons' performance in that ep :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest