The Student Room Group

No parental income but...

Well I've been lurking for some time, but I haven't had a need to post until now. So HI! :smile:

Well here's my dilemma - I got my first choice offer and started to think about student finance, and I wanted to find out what government maintenance grant I'm entitled to - and normally I think this works on household income.

Thing is, my parents are divorced, with my dad no longer supporting me, and my mum not in work. The income comes from my two brothers, who are in full-time work, quite a bit older than me, and they send me and my mum money for living expenses.

But at the same time, they both live in different cities, and the money they send over comes out from their own living expenses that they need for themselves (they have their own apartments). So exactly what do I tell the student finance our household income is?
You'll put down your mum, therefore you will get every grant and bursary under the sun. Congrats!
Reply 2
^ Above.

:biggrin:
So your mum has no income or benefits whatsoever and lives on handouts?
Tell that to the revenue!
Reply 4
Well this sounds encouraging :P
Though I have a feeling it might be bit suspicious when I put a big fat zero on the form...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending