The Student Room Group

OCR C2 4712 14 Jan 2011 Discussion

How was it? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was alright I made some silly mistakes in the heat of the moment though. What did anyone get for the question at the back (the last question) ?
Reply 2
Original post by miajacks
It was alright I made some silly mistakes in the heat of the moment though. What did anyone get for the question at the back (the last question) ?

I got 12

I got 32...

I thought the exam went really well, actually. It'll certainly be in improvement from the first time I did it!
somehow i got 200 units LOL.. what was the correct method of doing it?
i got 40.1 units....did anyone else get that?
Reply 6
The last answer was 40.8?
what was the method for the last question!?!? someone please answer!?!?!
Reply 8
I got 42.8. Hopefully I will get some marks for method lol
I got 42.8. Hopefully I will get some marks for method lol

what was the method man?
Reply 10

The limits were -1 , 1/4 and 3.
You had to split the graph into two, the negative area and the positive area
Using your integral, put in -1 and 1/4 for the negative area and it came out as 4. something?
then do the same for 1/4 and 3 for the positive area and it should come out as 36. something, add the 2 areas, so you get 40. something.
I used a graphical calculator to check :wink:!
The method was to integrate the function, then put limits of 3 and -1 in. I think.
Reply 12
Well you had to integrate the first bit , get the modulus of it and then add it to the integral of the bit on the right of the y axis. I must have made a slip somewhere.
Reply 13
I got 40.8 for the last question.

Had to added 36.4 to 4.4 or something.
Reply 14
Messed up the question involving the obtuse angle though. Gave it in degrees instead of radians
i got 32 exactly, graphical calculator says so too..............did anyone get 2.44-2.55 radians for the obtuse angle question?
Reply 16
Original post by charlielower
i got 32 exactly, graphical calculator says so too..............did anyone get 2.44-2.55 radians for the obtuse angle question?

I got that originally, then realised that the graphical calculator minused the area under the x-axis, instead of adding it.
oh daym, only dropped one mark for that then
Reply 18
I got 32 for the area of the integral

Find the area from -1 to a 1/4

then find the area from 1/4 to 3 :smile:

For the obtuse angle i also got 2.44 or something similar

Also for that 3Tan2x=1 question really scared me :L I panicked and used the 2tanA/1-tan^2A

In the end, i remembered, and I found out...IT BOTH WORKS :biggrin:
Reply 19
when will MR M put the answers up??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending