The Student Room Group

aqa grade boundaries

I really need some advice please

I looked at the jan 2010 and june 2010 grade boundaries and they are really low for biology2????

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE10.PDF

here is june 2010 and for bio2 you needed 52/85 for a B? why was it this low and what are the chances there low this time around. my exams on tuesday :confused:
Reply 1
I think (not completely sure though) that they just base their grade boundaries on how people performed overall on the exam.
Reply 2
yh my teacher was saying that for both jan and june people flopped the b2 exam so it was simple to get a B. just hope to god there low again
Biology Unit 2 does look pretty hard as it more application than anything and if you don't know Unit 1 very very well, you will find it even harder. I looked at the papers, Jan10 looks like an ok paper but Jun10 looks pretty demanding.
Reply 4
its true, well we know haemoglobin, dna, classification is a usual. i hope theres founder effect and honestly hope its like 52/85 for an A like last year. have you seen B4!!! 39/75 for an A*??? people must of messed up hard must be solid
Reply 5
B4 last Jan was a joke. Every question was unrelated to what the biology books taught. It was even in the news because so many people complained. I think that might be why they were really generous with the june retakes :P
Reply 6

For aqa? It was my first time in June 2010 now I'm retaking... What do you think though similar boundaries?
Reply 7
Yeah, I think ocr unit 4 was bad aswell but it didn't get as much complaints as aqa. I have no idea tbh xD
Reply 8
??????

Quick Reply

Latest