The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Great defensive performance against an excellent Milan team. They were the better side yesterday no doubt, but we had a gameplan and we ground out the win like you have to do sometimes in this competition. Inter did a similar thing vs Barca last year, let's not forget. You have to be pragmatic.

Sandro = BEAST
Original post by Klinsmannic
Great defensive performance against an excellent Milan team. They were the better side yesterday no doubt, but we had a gameplan and we ground out the win like you have to do sometimes in this competition. Inter did a similar thing vs Barca last year, let's not forget. You have to be pragmatic.

Sandro = BEAST

milan are capable of playing a hell of a lot better than that
but who cares, we're in!!!!!!!!
Original post by Colbert
Pretty cool.

Love that
Original post by Colbert
Pretty cool.

what a video, i cant rep you tho :sigh:
Lennon has quietly kicked on this season.

Joint top assister in the CL this year
i think this shows how good our team spirit is - even if a little camp :biggrin:

Next three PL games: West Ham home, Wigan away and Stoke home.

We're going to lose all three :sigh:

In all seriousness we need a bit of PL encouragement. Yeah the CL campaign is more serious than it ever has been now (seriously wtf, just saw someone saying last May that we were one of the lowest ranked teams at the last qualifying round, now we're in the last eight) but we want to play in it next year!

Regarding players Sandro's looking amazing at the moment. The new Hudd :teehee: :sigh:
Either way he's got Wills' place for the time being, as the latter's injured.

And Mathieu Flamini is a ****, an absolute vagina. Not sorry? You ****ing Gooner reject scum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9418672.stm
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 287
Original post by rockrunride

Original post by rockrunride
And Mathieu Flamini is a ****, an absolute vagina. Not sorry? You ****ing Gooner reject scum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9418672.stm

Legend :ahee:
proper excited for the draw - though guaranteed we get utd, chelsea or milan which would be total crap :tongue:

personally i want barca or madrid - i no we would probably get knocked out but i want to see spurs play the best
Nasty draw that
Reply 290
Ah well lads, gives you a better chance to focus your attention on failing to get top 4 again.
**** that ****. We're going to walk all over them.

But two and a half years ago, at Ramos's ousting, we were bottom of the PL and facing a season of Reading rather than Real Madrid.

I just need to take a moment to realise how we've turned around.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 292
I can't believe I genuienly think that you guys can beat Real.
Could the draw be anymore anti English/pro Barca :lolwut: Typical UEFA :colonhash:

Great draw, I wouldn't say you're favourites but I don't think it's an impossible task and probably wouldn't be too surprised if you went through.
Reply 295
What's Mourinho's record like against you guys? Exciting draw.
The only thing good for you is your playing home in the second leg.
Apply some lube, Ronaldo is coming to get you!

geh.
Reply 298
Best match of the lot by a mile. The rest are ugly / annoying draws. Clearly another fix by Moratti. :colonhash:

I can envisage a 2-0 win for Madrid in the first leg i.e all over. I think your best chance is just going for it against Madrid and hope that they don't exploit that.

It's a wonderful draw though, Spurs are the only team I've genuinely enjoyed watching this competition.
Reply 299
Looks a very good tie. If you don't make the CL again for a while at least you made the most of the one you were in, Inter, Milan and Madrid. 3 of the biggest names in European football.

Logic suggests you're going out, they're well setup (with 2 holding players) to deal with VDV and have the second best player in the world to exploit your weak full backs. Got a nagging feeling you could do it though and I can't really expain it. Lennon against Marcelo looks a good matchup for you guys I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest