The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
Embarrassment to English football.. I reckon Wigan could have given them a better game!

This is where I get tempted to make a comment on the irony of the avatar + post combination :facepalm2:

Even Wigan have held their own in the Premier League for longer than your shoddy lot.
Original post by rockrunride
This is where I get tempted to make a comment on the irony of the avatar + post combination :facepalm2:

Even Wigan have held their own in the Premier League for longer than your shoddy lot.

i believe its mastermind in what can only be known as a shockingly poor disguise :colonhash:
Original post by jermaindefoe
i believe its mastermind in what can only be known as a shockingly poor disguise :colonhash:

Mastermind hiding behind a dupe to WUM, serious? :colonhash:
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Abysmal.

Idiotic from Crouch. What a cock.

YES, he is not someone to impress us, but referee had opportunity to safe the game..
Original post by rockrunride
Mastermind hiding behind a dupe to WUM, serious? :colonhash:

its someone yeh

colbert
x

who is the troll?
5-0 win at white hart lane .... LOOOL
Unfortunately, that was just ownage. You guys did well to make it this far :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 387
Original post by I am 12

Bloody hell, his teeth must hurt.
Reply 389
Original post by Zayne101
wow I had a dream spurs lost 0-4 at home to real madrid, i wonder if i should look at the odds on that FT result, just leaving this comment here incase it happens, hopefully not.

posted this about 3-4 weeks ago

Well I was half right... I can only imagine how much money I would have won tonight.....
Original post by jermaindefoe
who is the troll?

You'll have to PM Kevmeister, I believe he is conducting an internal investigation tbf. I cannot go into details :holmes:

As for last night, I thought it was a very close to being a successful bus park in the main. Undone because Jenas can't head, a wonder goal and the predictable Gomes fail. The only time the defence was properly breached was Adebayor's second goal which was just a great cross, good movement and a solid header. Not even going to risk venturing into the hype thread for fear of what drivel has been posted, it's off my watchlist :facepalm2:

Ray Wilkins :sexface:
Don't worry, I'm not going to WUM about last night's game - all I will say though is that Crouch is a very silly boy.
Aaron Lennon insists he will not be made a 'scapegoat' for Tottenham's UEFA Champions League drubbing by Real Madrid.

The Spurs winger was forced to pull out of the starting XI just minutes before kick-off of the quarter-final first leg at Santiago Bernabeu due to illness.

That forced a last-second reshuffle from manager Harry Redknapp with Jermaine Jenas drafted into the midfield and given an on-field pre-match briefing by the coaching team in the seconds before the game got under way.

Jenas was marking Emmanuel Adebayor as Real took an early lead through the former Arsenal striker's header, with Peter Crouch's early dismissal then leaving the White Hart Lane club up against it.
On Sky Sports

UEFA Champions League Highlights
* Quarter-Final First Leg
* April 6, 2011 9:00am
* Sky Sports HD 2

* Remote Record

Further goals from Adebayor, Angel Di Maria and Cristiano Ronaldo secured a 4-0 success for Jose Mourinho's side and Real already have one foot in the semi-finals ahead of next week's second leg at White Hart Lane.
Got worse

Lennon has been upset at suggestions his problem only came to light just before the game and insists the Spurs staff knew of his illness for several days and had prescribed antibiotics at the weekend.

"I fell ill on Sunday morning where the med team put me on antibiotics, but only got worse before Tuesday. "
Aaron Lennon

Lennon wrote on his Twitter feed: "Saying I fell ill before the game is bull****.

"I fell ill on Sunday morning where the med team put me on antibiotics, but only got worse before Tuesday.

"Believe me, this is one game I did not want to miss and still devo now!!!! But will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew just before KO."

:lolwut:
Reply 393
Guess all is not rosy at Chigwell.
The moment Crouch got sent off for stupid challenges it was all over.

Real Madrid brutally outclassed Tottenham giving them a harsh lesson and reality check. They are not as big as they think they are.

Just beat a very average AC Millan side that are not a patch on this Real Madrid team. Di Maria's goal was of the highest quality.

Stunning Real display.
Tottenham were out of their depth yesterday... was there any point turning up?

Fortunately, next year you will be in a competition which will have similar standard teams as you lot... the Europa league. Hopefully a team will replace Tottenham next season that won't embarrass themselves and won't waste everyones time.
Reply 396
Just got back from the game, there were about 10000-12000 spurs fans out in Madrid who all did the club proud. The players on the other hand.. well we won't go there.
Reply 397
Original post by Colbert
You'll have to PM Kevmeister, I believe he is conducting an internal investigation tbf. I cannot go into details :holmes:

As for last night, I thought it was a very close to being a successful bus park in the main. Undone because Jenas can't head, a wonder goal and the predictable Gomes fail. The only time the defence was properly breached was Adebayor's second goal which was just a great cross, good movement and a solid header. Not even going to risk venturing into the hype thread for fear of what drivel has been posted, it's off my watchlist :facepalm2:

Ray Wilkins :sexface:

It's actually not that bad in there, most of the posts are about Wilkins :mmm:
Reply 398
Real had the upper hand even before Crouch was sent off tbh. Spurs were out of their depth. They've done well to get this far though. Well done to Harry n the boys.

It'll be interesting to see how Harry approaches the next game. Does he put on a full strength team, or keep the fire power for the league matches, in order to try and secure 4th spot.
Original post by Lehmber Hussainpuri
Tottenham were out of their depth yesterday... was there any point turning up?

Fortunately, next year you will be in a competition which will have similar standard teams as you lot... the Europa league. Hopefully a team will replace Tottenham next season that won't embarrass themselves and won't waste everyones time.

Like who? :fluffy:

Quick Reply

Latest