The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
You wouldn't be saying that if Spurs had won the cup instead.

I really would, I'm only interested in winning the premier league or champions league

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand the lack of appreciation for the world's oldest football competition :frown:
Original post by Wilfred Little
I don't understand the lack of appreciation for the world's oldest football competition :frown:

Seconded it is a great competition
Original post by Rock Fan
Seconded it is a great competition

What's great about it? Most big teams don't really care until the last couple of rounds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
What's great about it? Most big teams don't really care until the last couple of rounds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very sad with teams doing that, when you see upsets now that is the magic of the cup, you might not care but a lot of us still love it.
Thoughts on Summer Transfers? In and Out?
Original post by Underscore__
Always funny to see Arsenal celebrating a trophy that no one cares about, next they'll be regaling us with stories of their Emirates Cup victories

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you Spurs? I'd give my left nut to win the FA Cup.

Well actually I wouldn't, but you get the idea.

Just been offered a season ticket for next season, will take it but not optimistic about Wembley.
Original post by rockrunride
Are you Spurs? I'd give my left nut to win the FA Cup.

Well actually I wouldn't, but you get the idea.

Just been offered a season ticket for next season, will take it but not optimistic about Wembley.

The FA Cup seems to have become more of an annoyance than anything else, most of the big clubs don't take it seriously until the later rounds or they drawn against another big club.

I've heard that the pitch at Wembley is too big and that's why we struggled but seems a bit ridiculous to blame the stadium

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is ridiculous to blame Wembley. Only time can tell, but Spurs have won games at many other 'big' stadiums recently. (both in size and reputation)
Think (hope) the hoodoo will pass.

Just paid for my ST though, first home game against Chelsea, can't wait!
Original post by rockrunride
Think (hope) the hoodoo will pass.

Just paid for my ST though, first home game against Chelsea, can't wait!

New Stadium has been so beneficial to so many people, who have been waiting so long for season tickets!

About time Spurs stepped into the modern era in terms of capacity. But, White Hart Lane will always be cherished and missed. Unbeatable atmosphere during the European nights.
Looks like a fee has been agreed between Man City and Spurs for Walker. I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Will he be a big miss or is he easily replaceable?
Reply 4852
Original post by Zerforax
Looks like a fee has been agreed between Man City and Spurs for Walker. I don't think anyone will be surprised.

Will he be a big miss or is he easily replaceable?

This Spurs thread is so dead.

Probably because they haven't signed anyone.
I rate Walker. Shame he's going. But mega fee involved can be used to invest. Pereira maybe for £22m- release clause.
Off to my first game as a season ticket holder! Buzzing.
good game lads
Disappointing game. Frustrating to watch.
Original post by SGHD26716
This Spurs thread is so dead.

Probably because they haven't signed anyone.

I've posted on here for 7 years and this forum has only ever had a handful of active Spurs posters.
Reply 4858
Original post by sr90
I've posted on here for 7 years and this forum has only ever had a handful of active Spurs posters.

Small club problems.
When even the Man City thread is more active than your club's you know you have a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest