The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by white_haired_wizard
Privately you just want Redknapp to replace Wenger as Arsenal manager, don't you? Forget Redknapp as England boss, I bet many an Arsenal fan would love to see Harry Redknapp as boss, replacing Wenger who is quite clearly past it. He could, and probably would, transform Arsenal into title/trophy contenders once again.

I've said before that if that man comes anywhere near the Arsenal job I'll be burning my shirts.

I'm pretty sure most are the same too.
If I were Redknapp myself, I'd be having serious reservations about taking over the England managerial position.

Ideally I would stay being Spurs manager and just take over as England boss for the Euros...

but that'd leave Spurs in a precarious position, not knowing who the manager would be for next season.

There are times when 'stick to a winning formula' is so true and it arguably applies to Redknapp at Spurs. He's doing such a fine job, very likely to be in the CL next season, likely to attract big names to the club for this reason, the fans love him, obviously has a good relationship with the board and owner...He can do no wrong at Spurs so why leave this for a venture so risky, a so-called 'poisoned chalice'...

If I was redknapp, I would say screw england, I'm winning the title with spurs first.
Just wanted to add to my post I made yesterday that Spurs were absolutely fantastic. I didn't really talk about Spurs because I was really angry with my teams lack of desire. I would love to see Spurs win the EPL much more than Man U or Man City. Good luck like!
Original post by jam277
If I was redknapp, I would say screw england, I'm winning the title with spurs first.

Not sure that's going to happen, given the money United have and especially Man City.

He'd certainly be taking a risk if he were to leave Spurs and take on the England position, full-time. He's probably considering all his options very carefully, e.g. taking on the role just for the Euros and seeing how things are then, considering short-term or rolling contract options. 'Playing it by ear', as such. We're all assuming he's going to be interested in the position, perhaps he might not be and may turn down the offer?? He's also had a very tough time of late with this tax evasion court case and perhaps isn't keen to become next England boss, as his profile and private life would become even more public, open to scrutiny etc...

Mind you, if he doesn't do so well, he could always leave the England position and get straight back into club management, with alot of interested clubs employing him as manager. He certainly wouldn't be short of offers from top English clubs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Not sure that's going to happen, given the money United have and especially Man City.

He'd certainly be taking a risk if he were to leave Spurs and take on the England position, full-time. He's probably considering all his options very carefully, e.g. taking on the role just for the Euros and seeing how things are then, considering short-term or rolling contract options. 'Playing it by ear', as such.

Mind you, if he doesn't do so well, he could always leave the England position and get straight back into club management, with alot of interested clubs employing him as manager. He certainly wouldn't be short of offers from top English clubs.

United don't have that much. I think chelsea and liverpool can be a force, call me crazy, but chelsea have only had 1 bad season which is this one, and liverpool are doing much better than they did last year. It'll be tighter in the top 6/7 next season. Or 1 team will just run away with it by march leaving the rest.

What job do you see redknapp getting, I reckon the england job will be his last, he's 62. He could get the arsenal job, but I don't see chelsea employing him, united won't employ him because of his age, liverpool have dalglish who will never be sacked after what he did as player and manager, and he isn't taking the man city job that's for sure. If he wants to get a title winning side/top 4 regulars like the current spurs team, it'll take him years, years he would have when he's 40, not when he's 62, he'll retire after the england job.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jam277
United don't have that much. I think chelsea and liverpool can be a force, call me crazy, but chelsea have only had 1 bad season, and liverpool are doing much better than they did last year. It'll be tighter in the top 6/7 next season. Or 1 team will just run away with it by march leaving the rest.

What job do you see redknapp getting, I reckon the england job will be his last, he's 62. He could get the arsenal job, but I don't see chelsea employing him, united won't employ him because of his age, liverpool have dalglish who will never be sacked after what he did as player and manager, and he isn't taking the man city job that's for sure.

I will call you crazy!

I'm not convinced by AVB at Chelsea. I'm not at all convinced by Dalglish and the job he is doing at Liverpool. Liverpool are certainly not doing 'much better' than last season - especially given how much Dalglish has spent, and on very average players.

I don't know what will happen with Redknapp. We'll find out, sooner rather than later.
Privately you just want Redknapp to replace Wenger as Arsenal manager, don't you? Forget Redknapp as England boss, I bet many an Arsenal fan would love to see Harry Redknapp as boss, replacing Wenger who is quite clearly past it. He could, and probably would, transform Arsenal into title/trophy contenders once again.

:perv:
Yeah, looking back on it. They did roll over quite a bit.
Reports coming out that we've agreed a deal for Eden Hazard..

Didn't see that coming.
Hope he signs for you guys, I would love to see him in the EPL.
Hazard at Spurs... If they keep Ade/buy another quality striker that attack force would be incredible :coma:
Bet Levy started that rumour.
Reply 1392
Liverpool are certainly not doing 'much better' than last season - especially given how much Dalglish has spent, and on very average players.

At this point last year we were out of both cups - one of them to the mighty norhampton town at home and were on 33 points. We're in the final of one cup, knocked out the biggest threat in the FA Cup cup and are 6 points better off in the league and unbeaten at home (instead of being beaten by Blackpool and Wolves)

I think thats quite a clear improvement.

We might have spent circa 100m during 2011, but it takes time not just money to create a team. And Dalglish has only been here just over 12 months
Original post by L18
At this point last year we were out of both cups - one of them to the mighty norhampton town at home and were on 33 points. We're in the final of one cup, knocked out the biggest threat in the FA Cup cup and are 6 points better off in the league and unbeaten at home (instead of being beaten by Blackpool and Wolves)

I think thats quite a clear improvement.

We might have spent circa 100m during 2011, but it takes time not just money to create a team. And Dalglish has only been here just over 12 months

That really is a big spin you've put on things there.

In the final of one cup, OK that's fine. 6 points isn't much, especially considering all this money you've spent on new players. Unbeaten at home but you've not amassed loads and loads of points at home - too many draws and quite a few of those draws against average or the so-called lesser PL teams. I'd like to know how your home form (points tally) last season compares with your home form this season.

I don't see much of an improvement at all and I won't do, at least not until Dalglish goes and a better manager comes in to replace him. Couldn't care less if this happens or not, tbh.
Reply 1394
Have you guys been seeing Ade's tweets tonight? What do you think of them :s-smilie:
Reply 1395
Question for match-going Spurs fans.

How many fans did Inter Milan bring to White Hart Lane last season? How much noise did they make?

How many fans did AC Milan bring to White Hart Lane last season? How much noise did they make?

How many fans did Real Madrid bring to White Hart Lane last season? How much noise did they make?

Thanks
I will call you crazy!

I'm not convinced by AVB at Chelsea. I'm not at all convinced by Dalglish and the job he is doing at Liverpool. Liverpool are certainly not doing 'much better' than last season - especially given how much Dalglish has spent, and on very average players.

I don't know what will happen with Redknapp. We'll find out, sooner rather than later.

Mate, last season at this stage, liverpool were just a bit above the relegation zone and were under 30 points, how you can say he's not improved the side is astonishing, they lack consistency yes, but they're doing better than they were last season, fair enough with AVB, but we can still win the FA cup, that'll help us a lot.
Looks like it turned out to be only a rumour.

No shocks tomorrow please, stick us in the pot for the sixth round and we'll be happy. Getting a ticket to Stevenage was apparently harder than Arsenal next week, ST and 801 points as opposed to 500-odd :lolwut:
Reply 1399
Quick question to you spurs fans on here. What are your views and opinions on Danny Rose? Should he still be playing and getting chances for us? Do you think he was a good 1 million investment from Leeds? What do you think of him?

Quick Reply

Latest