The Student Room Group

Guys: If a girl ... 'Serenaded' you a love song if you liked her, how would you react

Well here's the background story...

Boy asked the girl out. The girl was going through some things and said no, even though she liked him back. The guy thought it was because the girl didn't like her, so he went away for a few days with his mates and didnt reply to any texts/calls from the girl. When he got back, he sent the girl lyrics from the song Candy - Paolo Nutini, because that was "their song" but the girl didnt get these lyrics until today because she was sorting out some problems, and by his last status update, the girl gets the feeling that the guy thinks she is ignoring him, but she isnt.

Question is, If you were the boy in this situation, and the girl (who doesnt sing/play guitar in public) played and sang the song Candy to you in front of quite a few other people, (which she has a bit of a fear of) how would you react? Obviously I know the guy would be hurt, but the girl hadnt told him of the things happening, despite the fact she felt the same way, and I was wondering from a guys view, how would you feel/react?

Sorry for it being so long :L

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Argh, the 16th century called, they want their tackiness back.
Even though I'm not a boy, I think its rather cute :smile:
Reply 3
It wouldn't do anything for me, I'm not into the muscial types i just don't think it's that feminine really
I think i would literally vomit all over you.
Reply 5
If you can't sing, please don't do this. Please. Even if you can, just don't. Hire Paolo Nutini or something if you really feel the need for this.
Reply 6
it would somehow be incredibly gay.
Original post by Jadelyndsey
Well here's the background story...

Boy asked the girl out. The girl was going through some things and said no, even though she liked him back. The guy thought it was because the girl didn't like her, so he went away for a few days with his mates and didnt reply to any texts/calls from the girl. When he got back, he sent the girl lyrics from the song Candy - Paolo Nutini, because that was "their song" but the girl didnt get these lyrics until today because she was sorting out some problems, and by his last status update, the girl gets the feeling that the guy thinks she is ignoring him, but she isnt.

Question is, If you were the boy in this situation, and the girl (who doesnt sing/play guitar in public) played and sang the song Candy to you in front of quite a few other people, (which she has a bit of a fear of) how would you react? Obviously I know the guy would be hurt, but the girl hadnt told him of the things happening, despite the fact she felt the same way, and I was wondering from a guys view, how would you feel/react?

Sorry for it being so long :L

I'd prefer it in private, otherwise I'd be feeling too self-concious to think straight :wink:

but in private I'd think it's really romantic, especially since I'm musical myself
Reply 8
Original post by kat2pult
Argh, the 16th century called, they want their tackiness back.

This is what I thought, but to be fair, they have both mentioned in passing how much they find this concept to be cute, the concern is whether or not he would be mad and walk away, or whether he would take it as a make-up gesture...
I would try not to kill it.
why don't you tell him how you feel instead?

ah think you're getting romance mixed up with gayness.
Reply 11
Original post by Architecture-er
I'd prefer it in private, otherwise I'd be feeling too self-concious to think straight :wink:

but in private I'd think it's really romantic, especially since I'm musical myself

THANK YOU! Yeh, that was an issue too, public vs private, but I think the problem with private would be trying to get him alone whilst holidng a guitar, he would kind of guess it was coming, but I will try. I think if i was him I'd be a bit embarassed, so private sounds better :L Thanks! ps musical people rock just saying...
Let's just say whatever possibility of a relationship would have been instantly obliterated by such a trite and frankly vulgar act.
Besides it's so uncool.
Reply 13
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Let's just say whatever possibility of a relationship would have been instantly obliterated by such a trite and frankly vulgar act.
Besides it's so uncool.

Ok ok guys from the huge overwhelming majority of you saying it's stupid, are you all saying I should just come out and say I like him? but would you not be p!ssed that I said no and thought I was screwing around with you though?
it would make me smile :biggrin:

i might even sing along, but what happens depends on the guy he might get very embarrassed and hate you :s-smilie:
Depends how you pull it off. After thinking you were ignoring me I might think now you were just mocking me.
Ok ok guys from the huge overwhelming majority of you saying it's stupid, are you all saying I should just come out and say I like him? but would you not be p!ssed that I said no and thought I was screwing around with you though?

Possibly, unless you explained why you said no at first.
Op rather than attempt such a cringeworthy gimmick, simply talk to him tell him how you feel and let him decide. Like most guys he probably doesn't like being messed about so just level with him.

i dont think that matters, just say you like him he'll accept it and take you back but you will have to explain yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending