The Student Room Group

Guys: If a girl ... 'Serenaded' you a love song if you liked her, how would you react

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Original post by Jadelyndsey
THANK YOU! Yeh, that was an issue too, public vs private, but I think the problem with private would be trying to get him alone whilst holidng a guitar, he would kind of guess it was coming, but I will try. I think if i was him I'd be a bit embarassed, so private sounds better :L Thanks! ps musical people rock just saying...

Why thank you :wink:

Perhaps you could invite him round to your house, and then when he walks into your room you're just playing the song, all casual-like :holmes:. If you look at him whilst continuing to play, he should put two and two together (as long as you can play without watching your fingers that is hehe)

edit: Don't take my word for it though, it could go wrong in so many ways... :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
What the ****? When did life become an episode of One Tree Hill?
Reply 23
Why on earth didn't you tell him why you rejected him? It's not rocket science, girls
Reply 24
But what would I do during it? Just sit there and squirm profusely! It would be absolutely excruciating
Personally if i saw a guy doing it i would laugh so loud and so hard he would be completely put off
He sounds like he'd like it, especially if he sent you the lyrics. I say go for it :h: Except I'd do it with just you and him.
Reply 27
Original post by Architecture-er
Why thank you :wink:

Perhaps you could invite him round to your house, and then when he walks into your room you're just playing the song, all casual-like :holmes:. If you look at him whilst continuing to play, he should put two and two together (as long as you can play without watching your fingers that is hehe)

edit: Don't take my word for it though, it could go wrong in so many ways... :dontknow:

I may make a video of it, and put it on facebook, and then send him the link when hes online. THEN i will tell him everything and why i said no in the first place, I personally think he would like it, and you remind me a smidge of him so if you think it would be fine, then im sure he would, but i do think he would be embarassed though if i did it in public. Yep. Actually what the hell i may just ring him now and tell him everything. Simple and to the point :L Again thanks, :biggrin:
Personally I would just tell him and explain, simply because it is less risky, either he is still interested or has been put off. The singing is more risky in that respect

But I think it would be a really sweet thing to do, though I agree in private. Who says romance is dead :moon:
Reply 29
It really doesnt matter anymore, but thanks for the input guys. I am going to sound like such a troll right now, but his best mate just sent me a picture of the guy i was talking about, kissing another girl in a club when they went to this weekend away. Can't believe I've just wasted days feeling awful for not being able to tell him things, and he went and did this. How do you delete threads on here :frown: :'( :angry:
It really doesnt matter anymore, but thanks for the input guys. I am going to sound like such a troll right now, but his best mate just sent me a picture of the guy i was talking about, kissing another girl in a club when they went to this weekend away. Can't believe I've just wasted days feeling awful for not being able to tell him things, and he went and did this. How do you delete threads on here :frown: :'( :angry:

I know this is the last thing you want, but IMO you have no right to be angry. You rejected him and ignored him. In his mind it would have been clear you were not interested in him at all. So what do you expect him to do.

If you still like him, just be bloody honest. I don't see why you had to even think about beating around the bush about it.
Reply 31
Original post by WelshBluebird
I know this is the last thing you want, but IMO you have no right to be angry. You rejected him and ignored him. In his mind it would have been clear you were not interested in him at all. So what do you expect him to do.

If you still like him, just be bloody honest. I don't see why you had to even think about beating around the bush about it.

Yeh but thats the thing. I never said i didnt like him in that way, all i said is "I cant do this right now" and i didnt ignore him either, I was out dealing with some business, and he sent me a message on facebook when he came back from this weekend with those lyrics, which i didnt get because like i said I was out. i never once ignored him, he ignored me, i was sending him message after message when he was away which he didnt reply to. Of course I have a bloody right to be angry, why would he send me a message implying he was heartbroken when he had just kissed another girl? Absaloute bull. I completely give up. I understand why he would be sad, but i would never ever do that to him if i was supposedly in love. :frown:

EDIT: The messages said I had a few problems at the minute, and that I didnt mean to hurt him, and that we needed to talk. & he DID get those messages because his friend who sent me that picture sent me a message after i texted him several times saying "look jade just cool it. He can talk to you when we get back" :angry::angry::angry:!
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeh but thats the thing. I never said i didnt like him in that way, all i said is "I cant do this right now" and i didnt ignore him either, I was out dealing with some business, and he sent me a message on facebook when he came back from this weekend with those lyrics, which i didnt get because like i said I was out. i never once ignored him, he ignored me, i was sending him message after message when he was away which he didnt reply to. Of course I have a bloody right to be angry, why would he send me a message implying he was heartbroken when he had just kissed another girl? Absaloute bull. I completely give up. I understand why he would be sad, but i would never ever do that to him if i was supposedly in love. :frown:

EDIT: The messages said I had a few problems at the minute, and that I didnt mean to hurt him, and that we needed to talk. & he DID get those messages because his friend who sent me that picture sent me a message after i texted him several times saying "look jade just cool it. He can talk to you when we get back" :angry::angry::angry:!

The point is to most guys that is just an excuse. Some girls do use that to just brush guys off that they don't like. In his mind, it would have been like you flat out rejected him.

And I'm assuming you have never heard of rebounds? Or getting very drunk and getting with random people because you have been rejected.

As you said, why didn't you just be upfront and honest with him? You could have told him that you do like him but couldn't do anything at that point in time because of other things going on in your life. Be honest. There was no need to make him feel as if you were rejected him.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Interesting story. I think he should appreciate if you do something like that... :P
Female musicians are hot. :colonhash:
Reply 35
Obv I'm a girl, but if a fella ever did this to me (unless he was one of a select few people including Michael Bublé, Brandon Flowers, James Morrison and Oliver Tompsett) I would puke all over him and tell him to get lost.
Reply 36
I would laugh at you, then hi5 all the lads.
Reply 37
I'm sorry but even if what you say is true about liking him back you are giving him the impression that you're stringing him along. Especially with all that "I like you but don't want to be with you now stuff".

Oops too late everyone else has covered that.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending