The Student Room Group

Fine Art Degree Choices

Hello,

I was wondering if uni's are really bothered about first and second choice in fine art. i've only applied for Chelsea as i've been told having say csm or goldsmiths as second choice will hinder their opinion on whether you really want to go there.

Where has everyone applied for and have they got an interview yet?

Has anyone got tips about mini-portfolios and interview? I would be particularly keen to hear from people who applied for Fine Art and Chelsea, however all advice is always welcome!

Good Luck!
Reply 1
Hey im applying for a fine art course but i havent applied for chelsea, i want to go to lancaster the most and ive got an interview there on the 2nd march (eeek)

i had an interview today at Preston, they looked at my artwork first and then they called me into the room and we talked about my artwork, he didnt really ask me why i wanted to study art which i found strange but he did ask me what i think of contemporary art. tbh i dont really understand the whole contemporary art thing, like tracy emin, so i told him and i said that i wanted to learn to understand it.

So now hes offered me a place on a foundation year and then the degree after that, but im worrying that because im doing the foundation year that when it comes to me actually starting my degree i will have to pay higher on the tuition fees increase, if you understand?

but talking about first choices and second choices i really dont think it matters that much unless its oxford or cambridge, i think universities only take notice if a student has applied there :smile:
Good luck for your interview. that reminds me of when i went to an interview last year for a foundation and the lady asked me the most horrible question of 'what is art?' it was annoying because it is the most simplilest question yet so hard to answer and it got me, i froze and couldnt answer. i think they love to ask weird question that dont necisarilly mean you know the answer but they want you to kind of jump around it and suggest things or answer with another question. this is like the contemporary art question you had, they like to catch you out.

Quick Reply

Latest