The Student Room Group

I'm curious about the actual ranking of fine art graduate schools(MFA)in the UK!

Hello. I am an international student wishing to pursue a master's degree in fine art in the UK.🥺🙏 I don't have much information in my country, so I'm asking for opinions.

In my country, there was a lot of information that recommended RCA/Slade/Goldsmiths/Chelsea/Edinburgh to study for a master's degree in fine art.
Is this information correct?

I'm curious about the actual ranking of fine art graduate schools in the UK.
In terms of fine arts, Uni of Oxford(Ruskin) is the best I think. The best design school is RCA.
Reply 2
Original post by lemonapple
Hello. I am an international student wishing to pursue a master's degree in fine art in the UK.🥺🙏 I don't have much information in my country, so I'm asking for opinions.

In my country, there was a lot of information that recommended RCA/Slade/Goldsmiths/Chelsea/Edinburgh to study for a master's degree in fine art.
Is this information correct?

I'm curious about the actual ranking of fine art graduate schools in the UK.

Kind of late with the reply, but after researching pretty much every MFA program in the UK, I would say Ruskin (Oxford) is perhaps the best choice. You can't go wrong with Oxford, lol... Now, there is to consider the length of the studies. Ruskin, RCA, and a few others are all 1 year long. Goldsmith and Slade, for example, are essentially 2 years long. That actually means that your tuition (I'm an International student as well), would be twice as much. For instance, the tuition for MFA at Slade is £32,100 x year, which essentially equals roughly £64,000. That's a lot compared to £31,000 at Oxford.

The bottom line is, the top schools for MFA appear to be Ruskin, RCA, UAL, Slade, and Goldsmith, and again, you can never go wrong with Oxford (that's just my 2 cents).
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest