The Student Room Group

C3 Jan 11 Edexcel - Solutions and Paper in the first post (Now On) + TIPS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Does anyone have a markscheme for C3 July 2010, or can someone talk me through question 7. d)?

Thanks,

Tory88
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Hi Arsey just wonderign if you cna help me out with this and see if this is a correct method :smile:

Say if they ask Cos(A+B) in the form of P+Q/2 .

Is this write way to do it:

Cos(A+B)=CosACosB-SinASinB
Cos(A-B)=CosACosB+SinASinB Add them together

you get 2cosAcosB P=A+B Q=A-B

A=P+Q/2 B=P-Q/2
And then how do do you know what P and Q are for example if it was something like cos5x+cos20x.
Also If this method is correct does it work for others like Sin(A+B) Cos(A-B) cheers! :smile:

Completely forgot about this! Im not prepared... :frown:
Original post by Annonymous_47
Anyone know where I can get the June 10 paper from please? Edexcel website says it's not available yet...

Original post by tory88
Does anyone have a markscheme for C3 July 2010, or can someone talk me through question 7. d)?

Thanks,

Tory88

:wink:
Original post by Arsey
rearrange the equation to make the modulus equation the subject.

Then split them into two separate equations

f(x) = ...... and - f(x) = .....

then solve both

BUT REMEMBER to check to see if both solutions are valid, by drawing the graph

Thanks and I think I know where I'm going wrong, I never drew the graphs, just stated 2 answers!
Original post by Annonymous_47
Anyone know where I can get the June 10 paper from please? Edexcel website says it's not available yet...

Here it is June 2010 C3. I have to upload an unoffical MS as the one I have is too big.:smile:
Original post by Andy Ftw

U got there b4 me Lol.:tongue:
Original post by Casshern1456
U got there b4 me Lol.:tongue:

Hehe, well maybe the unofficial mark scheme may be more helpful, it tends to have more working out :wink:
June 2006 was ridiculously easy - I felt as if it was a specimen paper when doing that past paper!

A word of advice - a graph translation question will ALWAYS be in every paper (trust me - I have practised EVERY past paper since 2005 up until 2010.)
Where's Arsey and his tips?!?! xD
Reply 389
Solve: 3xe^7x+2=15 (5) - January 2010

This question was so disgusting, I felt sick
Original post by ViralRiver
Where's Arsey and his tips?!?! xD

He has made his own thread...
Can anyone help me with this question:

Using the identities for sin(a+b) and cos(a+b), prove that:

tan2a= (2tana)/(1-tan^2 a)
Reply 392
so what is it that we have to know about arcsin, etc? just how to draw their graphs?
Original post by Arsey
sketching has only come up once before but the last question on Jan 07 was about arcSin and arcCos

Thats the one I was refering to I think.

It was something like y=arccosx So express arcsinx in terms of y.
Reply 394
also don't forget that algebraic division can come up!! i nearly forgot, and thought it was only in C2...
Original post by Wenger
Solve: 3xe^7x+2=15 (5) - January 2010

This question was so disgusting, I felt sick

I was wondering about this one, on the mark scheme it says something like "take logs or lns", but then only gives the answer in terms of ln. Do you think you'd be penalised for taking logs instead?
Original post by 19Lauren93
Can anyone help me with this question:

Using the identities for sin(a+b) and cos(a+b), prove that:

tan2a= (2tana)/(1-tan^2 a)

Have a look in the Edexcel C3 book, page 109 it's at the top as a worked example :smile:
Original post by Andy Ftw

Original post by Casshern1456
Here it is June 2010 C3. I have to upload an unoffical MS as the one I have is too big.:smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 398
how would you go about finding the range of a compsite function? eg last question jan 2010.
june 2006 is a bitch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending