The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by TM94
I'm trying SO hard not to open the spoilers.

you're not the only one.
To anyone thinking about getting the Ashes DLC.... I wouldn't bother, just watch the final couple of minutes of the mission and the 5 minutes of conversation that take place on the Normandy afterwards on youtube.
Original post by TM94
I'm trying SO hard not to open the spoilers.

Me too. Only about 3 main missions in as well.

Original post by rich2606
To anyone thinking about getting the Ashes DLC.... I wouldn't bother, just watch the final couple of minutes of the mission and the 5 minutes of conversation that take place on the Normandy afterwards on youtube.

I don't think you can even take the squad member on the main missions as I tried to on the second one after Earth and it didn't let me.
Original post by Aj12

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also lost:

Spoiler

I attract death. That's 5 now. :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Me too. Only about 3 main missions in as well.

I don't think you can even take the squad member on the main missions as I tried to on the second one after Earth and it didn't let me.

The squad member is in recovery immediately after the mission. After a doing a couple of other missions you can start to take him where you want.
Reply 985
Original post by Illusionary
:ditto:

How have people managed to complete it already (and seemingly in quite large numbers)? :eek:

I started playing on Tuesday, so plenty of time to finish :tongue:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Blazara
I started playing on Tuesday, so plenty of time to finish :tongue:

I'd still call five days fast for a first time through :tongue:
Reply 987
Original post by Illusionary
I'd still call five days fast for a first time through :tongue:

Uhrrrr, average of 6 hours a day, stayed up till 4am most nights etc. Wanted to play but needed it out of the way quickly so I could do assessments.
Not really a spoiler, but if you've not yet heard the line (it's *very* early on) knowing to expect it might make it lose some of its effect

Spoiler

:rofl:
Re: Tali. Just walking about the Normandy quite innocently and...

Spoiler

Although this made up for it...

Spoiler

Also, did anyone

Spoiler

Original post by tintin330
Can't believe you have enough self-control to even consider waiting until May! But if you think you can restrain yourself, then it's probably better to wait. Whenever I get a new game I subconsciously always put it as a higher priority than working :wink:

Lol so do I that's the problem, the fact that it's an immersive role-playing game is even worse!
This is probably Karma for laughing at all the people who had exams while I played the newly released Skyrim. :frown:
Reply 991

Spoiler

Also lost:

Spoiler

I attract death. That's 5 now. :sigh:

Spoiler

Original post by Aj12

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 now. :emo:
Reply 993
The ending made me black out :s-smilie:

I really can't remember it at all so I had to go on Youtube. The last thing I remember is...

Spoiler

Reply 994

Spoiler

6 now. :emo:

You're doing very well at inspiring death :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Blazara
You're doing very well at inspiring death :biggrin:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Goddamnit. :sad:
Finished the game. Epic game, **** ending. :facepalm2:

Spoiler

As someone who went through the first, second and now third game, I expected (deserved) more than the crap endings available. Disappointed.
Reply 997
It's a shame the last minutes ruined it. It also seems that there were 3 choices? One to control, one to destroy and one to merge organics with synthetics. I didn't get the third choice.

Honestly though Bioware, could have rewarded fans with a proper ending.

As someone who went through the first, second and now third game, I expected (deserved) more than the crap endings available. Disappointed.

What was your effective military score? There's 8 different endings, split mainly between blowing up the collector base or keeping it in ME2.

You only get the synthesis option if you have above 2750 or something. You don't miss much, just different colored explosions. The synthesis one changes the planet crash scene a bit, all the plants are computer-y, as are the people and significantly you see Joker and EDI walking off the ship first and cuddling.
Reply 998
Finished the game. Epic game, **** ending. :facepalm2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Does anyone else find the mission journal really uneffective? I had a load of things to do on the Citadel but I had to resort to using an online guide to figure out exactly where I had to go and what to do...

Spoiler

Anywho, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite in the series.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 999
Original post by ManBeast

Does anyone else find the mission journal really uneffective? I had a load of things to do on the Citadel but I had to resort to using an online guide to figure out exactly where I had to go and what to do...

I ran into Kasumi who said she wanted to follow me around while I hacked or looked for something or other...but I don't even think the mission appeared in the journal.

Anywho, Mass Effect 2 is my favorite in the series.

Yeah, wasn't helpful some of them linked me to planets I'd already cleared out. Didn't really understand.

that was a fun part! Did you go the spectre console and approve the thing?

Quick Reply

Latest