The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Thinking of getting a tennis PS3 game, which one is the best?

Top Spin 4 all the way, no Wimbledon though.
Thanks BBC for telling me that Murrays game resumed, missed the end now
Reply 4462
Original post by jhuntley93
hi i think i might have tennis elbow. over the last few days since i started playing tennis reguarly i have started to feel very slight pain at my elbow joint.

I have never had this before and was wandering if anyone could help

Do you use a single handed bh? Otherwise it could possibly be bad technique. Do you have a coach? I'm just trying to get ahold of some facts
(edited 11 years ago)
Wow Federer is thrashing this guy, have to keep flicking between the two games but i miss more of federer because the game is going to quickly
Reply 4464
Original post by firebolt
Wow Federer is thrashing this guy, have to keep flicking between the two games but i miss more of federer because the game is going to quickly

I'm surprised Fed couldnt end it in the last game
Original post by narusku
I'm surprised Fed couldnt end it in the last game

Same, he was so close and he let the other guy get another game
If Murray wins on Sunday, will his ranking change? Sorry, I find it all really interesting but I haven't quite got the hang of calculating the rankings yet. :colondollar:
Original post by Pandora.
If Murray wins on Sunday, will his ranking change? Sorry, I find it all really interesting but I haven't quite got the hang of calculating the rankings yet. :colondollar:

Haven't worked it out but i'm pretty sure Murray will stay at number 4 cos he's a fair bit behind the rest. It's actually quite easy to work out how rankings will change on a weekly basis :smile: - when a player enters the same tournament as he did last year, you subtract the points he won last year for it and add on the new points he gets this year for it.

e.g for a masters event

In 2011 Djokovic won a title so collected 1000 points, Nadal was runner up so got 600 points. Now say in 2012, Nadal wins the event- he loses the 600 points from the year before and collects 1000 new points for winning.

Hope this kind of makes sense.
Original post by kbountra
Haven't worked it out but i'm pretty sure Murray will stay at number 4 cos he's a fair bit behind the rest. It's actually quite easy to work out how rankings will change on a weekly basis :smile: - when a player enters the same tournament as he did last year, you subtract the points he won last year for it and add on the new points he gets this year for it.

e.g for a masters event

In 2011 Djokovic won a title so collected 1000 points, Nadal was runner up so got 600 points. Now say in 2012, Nadal wins the event- he loses the 600 points from the year before and collects 1000 new points for winning.

Oh, that seems clear enough! It should make it easier for me to work it out myself in future, thanks :tongue:

I wasn't expecting Andy to rise really, I know he's quite far behind the rest of the top three.

I'd love for Federer to get back to #1 even for a short time, but at the same time I'd love Andy to get his first slam. It's too hard to choose!
Reply 4469
I'd love for Federer to get back to #1 even for a short time, but at the same time I'd love Andy to get his first slam. It's too hard to choose!

No it's not, root for the guy in your avatar.

:colone:
Original post by f1mad
No it's not, root for the guy in your avatar.

:colone:
You seem to know your stuff, I'll have to go with your call :colone:
Oh, that seems clear enough! It should make it easier for me to work it out myself in future, thanks :tongue:

I wasn't expecting Andy to rise really, I know he's quite far behind the rest of the top three.

I know right, i'm really torn either way! On one hand this may be Federer's last chance to get that wimbledon title and number one back. On the other, for Andy to lose 4 in a row will be really difficult to come back from. In some ways though it' s a dream finsl cos i don't mind who wins :smile:
I know right, i'm really torn either way! On one hand this may be Federer's last chance to get that wimbledon title and number one back. On the other, for Andy to lose 4 in a row will be really difficult to come back from. In some ways though it' s a dream finsl cos i don't mind who wins :smile:
Completely agree. I'll be more upset if Federer loses, but it's a great match up. I suppose everyone has their own "story" and reason that they want to win though, and these are just the two left. :dontknow: Either way, it's going to be hard on someone. :frown:
Murray has a lot resting on his shoulders. If he wins, the British media will overreact and probably label him the greatest sportsperson ever, if he loses the media will label him a disappointment who's let down the entire nation.

e.g for a masters event

Nadal will become 3rd regardless of who wins the final. Even if murray wins he will stay 4th but will only be a few hundred behind nadal. But if Federer wins then he becomes 1st.
Original post by Student2806
Murray has a lot resting on his shoulders. If he wins, the British media will overreact and probably label him the greatest sportsperson ever, if he loses the media will label him a disappointment who's let down the entire nation.

I feel sorry for murray he is constantly scrutinised no matter how well he does, I hope he does win it :smile:
Original post by Student2806

Yup, the media in this country are overreacting hyperbole doctors. It's ****ing ridiculous how it's turned into some kind of grand patriotic event.
If Fed loses to Murray now but wins the Olympics, he'll still go to no.1 and in addition will have a Career Golden Slam. This, on the other hand, may be Murray's only chance at Wimbledon. So, go Murray.
(edited 11 years ago)
Thoughts on how many grand slams Federer has left? I'm thinking 2 maximum. Maybe a US Open this year/next, or one last, glorious win at Wimbledon? I think the consistency is returning to his game. He's got a bit of a mental block against Djokovic but hopefully has overcome and that'll aid him to winning more slams.
Reply 4479
Original post by Straight up G
Thoughts on how many grand slams Federer has left? I'm thinking 2 maximum. Maybe a US Open this year/next, or one last, glorious win at Wimbledon? I think the consistency is returning to his game. He's got a bit of a mental block against Djokovic but hopefully has overcome and that'll aid him to winning more slams.

I don't think he has anything like the same mental block against djok as he does against Nadal. I can see one, maybe two more left. Possibly a wimbledon, and one of US/Aus. Maybe with an olympics and a couple of masters thrown in for good measure.

Latest