The Student Room Group

Should I go on Hinge? I've never had a boyfriend before

I'm at uni and feeling anxious & bit embarrassed that I've never had a boyfriend or even a kiss in my 18+ years of life.
Everywhere I look there seem to be couples and every guy I find fit seems to have a girlfriend (or boyfriend) already...
I don't want my first kiss to be a random guy at a club whose face I won't see or remember the next day, but I'm also really bad at hitting on guys in general and don't know how to ask someone on a date.
Is Hinge the answer? Or do people just use it for hookups?
Reply 1
Given that you wouldn't have a boyfriend between the ages of 0 and roughly 16, it's not like you've never had a kiss or boyfriend in over 18 years!

Stop comparing yourself to other people; there's no rush or timescale to be in a relationship. Stick to real life. Make friends with guys and learn how to have normal conversations with them, and find out there's more to compatability than you finding them 'fit'. I'd graduated and was several years into my career before I met my now-LTR boyfriend...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm at uni and feeling anxious & bit embarrassed that I've never had a boyfriend or even a kiss in my 18+ years of life.
Everywhere I look there seem to be couples and every guy I find fit seems to have a girlfriend (or boyfriend) already...
I don't want my first kiss to be a random guy at a club whose face I won't see or remember the next day, but I'm also really bad at hitting on guys in general and don't know how to ask someone on a date.

Go on skout
Reply 3
Worth a try. I met my boyfriend on bumble and it’s going great. Just make sure you stay safe and meet in public for your first date
Reply 4

hinge is for meaningful relationships.
other apps (bumble is for general relationships) / tinder is for hookups. etc.

see if there are any societies that your uni offers, or go to some through facebook in your uni area. you'll meet someone there.
Reply 5
Original post by Adz2042
hinge is for meaningful relationships.
other apps (bumble is for general relationships) / tinder is for hookups. etc.

see if there are any societies that your uni offers, or go to some through facebook in your uni area. you'll meet someone there.

thank you xxx
do you have a society / type of society to recommend?
Reply 6
thank you xxx
do you have a society / type of society to recommend?

You're welcome. x
When I was at uni, there were a few societies that appealed to me. Bowling, Skiing, Gaming, and Music.
It depends what interests you particularly have, too.

I just checked what societies my university has now, and there are so many I would have been a part of. Examples below:
Astronomy, First Love Society, Table Tennis Society, and the best one of all, a Disney society :O
https://www.wolvesunion.org/societies/society/14052/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending