The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think I remember reading that Murray vs Nadal has happened at 16 of the last 18 slams, when in theory, there should only be a 1 in 2 chance.
Nadal seems to be Murray's favourite opponent out of the three on a hard court, but he can't get a set off him on clay or grass.

I reckon Murray might beat Novak if they played at Wimbledon, Murray can push him really close on the hard courts anyway.

Federer just seems to outsmart Murray in the key matchups even though Andy has the game to beat him.
Reply 4502
Anyone here got Olympic tickets for the tennis? I applied but only got football.
Original post by D-Box
Anyone here got Olympic tickets for the tennis? I applied but only got football.

Thinking of the same thing as well. Apparently theres still some tennis tickets unsold, not sure if they're the ridiculously high priced ones though.
Reply 4504
What fellow pros say about Roger.

... as expected, but the "Top Comment" struck a chord.
Pete needs a new goal.
Reply 4505
keothavong took 1st set against wozniacki, baltacha won in 2, murray's 1 set all
Original post by jhuntley93
keothavong took 1st set against wozniacki, baltacha won in 2, murray's 1 set all

Not sure if you're aware of this thread but if not: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2052372

You can talk about all the Olympic tennis you want and you may get a response since there will be little activity in here.
Reply 4508
Nadal has pulled out of Toronto
Reply 4509
Original post by RtGOAT

There are possible doubts over the US open as well.
Reply 4510
Original post by RtGOAT

I won't be surprised if he retires sooner, rather than later.
Fed has pulled out of Toronto as well, I think.
Federer has also pulled out. Obviously to have a break after the Olympics. Really opens it up for others to take advantage of this situation and come through the draw.

Edit: No Ferrer either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Federer doesn't have many points to defend there so it's probably a wise decision to take the rest. Will be interesting to see if Djokovic follows suit, given that he's defending champion but I assume he'll play.
No way will Djokovic pull out unless he picks up a serious injury. Especially considering the diminished draw.
Reply 4515
I guess we'll be getting a Djokovic vs Murray final at the US then unless Del Potro can cause an upset somewhere.

Bet the organisers of the US Open aren't too impressed :biggrin:
Original post by Kado
I guess we'll be getting a Djokovic vs Murray final at the US then unless Del Potro can cause an upset somewhere.

Bet the organisers of the US Open aren't too impressed :biggrin:

Why not? :confused:
If I've done my maths correct a cheeky win at the Rogers cup for Murray and he's number 3...
Reply 4518
Original post by Meteorshower
If I've done my maths correct a cheeky win at the Rogers cup for Murray and he's number 3...

I get Murray as 695 behind Nadal. Even just a decent performance would probably mean he'll be in 3rd before long (Nadal's pulled out of this and something else hasn't he?)
Original post by Slumpy
I get Murray as 695 behind Nadal. Even just a decent performance would probably mean he'll be in 3rd before long (Nadal's pulled out of this and something else hasn't he?)

I think it's just Toronto he's pulled out of at the moment.

Latest