The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
So it'll be Murray v Djkovic in the final tomorrow....can't wait!
One does not simply, doubt Novak Djokovic.
Reply 5982
Original post by Multitalented me
Hopefully if Muzza wins this then people won't just say it was because he had an extra days rest lol :rolleyes:

This won't be relevant at all. Djokovic played a 5 hour match against Murray and then a 6 hour match against Nadal and still won in the AO. Fitness won't be much of a problem to him I would imagine.
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Didn't Fed tell them to be quiet once?

Yeah, but first time I've seen Djokovic do that.

Really looking forward to the final tomorrow.
Reply 5984
Original post by Jukey92
Azarenka all the way! :biggrin:

Her serve isn't the best, but if she can play her ground strokes like I know she can, she will have Serena running side to side like a crab! I have never seen anyone put the ball in the corners of the court as well as Azarenka

Serena can do that too, with more power. It should be a good match :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5985
Scary times for Murray - Djokovic's defence is unbelievable. Still, if he doesn't win at least he'll have the record for the most grand slam finals competed without winning one.
Reply 5986
Original post by 3nTr0pY
Scary times for Murray - Djokovic's defence is unbelievable. Still, if he doesn't win at least he'll have the record for the most grand slam finals competed without winning one.

Would he actually hold that record singularly? If he loses tomorrow that statistic could potentially have an awful affect on his progress - it could psychologically send him backwards.

Oh god, I hope he wins it. So damn much.
I hope theres little or no wind at all during the final so we can see real tennis being played and real talent being rewarded instead of that utter embarrassment we witnessed yesterday :facepalm2:
Reply 5988
Original post by Reaffy
Would he actually hold that record singularly? If he loses tomorrow that statistic could potentially have an awful affect on his progress - it could psychologically send him backwards.

He already holds the record for the player with the most runners up and no wins, but until now the only other person to lose their first 4 finals (I think) is Lendl, who won in his 5th.
liam broady currently playing in boys singles final, score is currently 2-6 6-2 4-4. COME ON LIAM
Original post by Reaffy

I wouldn't worry too much, Murray is used to it - he already holds the record for most slam finals without winning a single set.
Original post by jhuntley93
liam broady currently playing in boys singles final, score is currently 2-6 6-2 4-4. COME ON LIAM

He played well today. I'm gutted he didn't get his victory but him and Golding are very exciting prospects nevertheless. :^_^:
Original post by Bobifier
I wouldn't worry too much, Murray is used to it - he already holds the record for most slam finals without winning a single set.

Murray can take solace in the fact that he made more GS finals that Federer this year (and the same as Nadal) as well as having that Olympic Gold which neither Federer nor Djokovic can take claim to. Whatever happens tomorrow you have to admit that he has had a stellar year! :biggrin:
Reply 5994
williams-azarenka match about to start, can't wait. Good thing i have no morning lessons so i can watch this without feeling guilty lol :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Will the final be on at 4 tomorrow? Hope I can watch it when I get back from college :smile:
Original post by abbyabz
Murray can take solace in the fact that he made more GS finals that Federer this year (and the same as Nadal) as well as having that Olympic Gold which neither Federer nor Djokovic can take claim to. Whatever happens tomorrow you have to admit that he has had a stellar year! :biggrin:

I like the positive thinking lol. Tomorrow, my heart says Murray in 4 sets but my head says Djokovic in 4 - seeing as I don't really support either of them normally, I sort of want Murray to break through and win his first GS but I also want Djokovic to bounce back after an average summer and display his dominance!
Original post by firebolt
Will the final be on at 4 tomorrow? Hope I can watch it when I get back from college :smile:

Starts just after 9pm BST
Original post by abbyabz

tomorrow will either make him or break him, you can be sure of that
Original post by Multitalented me
Starts just after 9pm BST

oh okay, thats a bit late isnt it? oh well at least I wont miss anything :smile:

Latest